Follow these steps to get started with email marketing
How can you get started with email marketing quickly? From learning how to design a great email campaign to understanding segmentation, there’s a lot to wrap your head around. This is how you can get started with email marketing fast.
Create a contact list in your ActiveCampaign account
Lists are the simplest way to organize your contacts in ActiveCampaign. Every email campaign you send will go to a list (or a segment of a list), so the first step of great email marketing is setting up a list in your account.
- How to set up a list in ActiveCampaign
- Where to find more information on lists and segmentation
Add your existing email contacts to your new list
You can’t send an email if you don’t have anyone to send to! If you’re moving from another platform or have a list of your existing customers, you can quickly add contacts to your account using the import tool.
- How to import contacts from a CSV file
- The three primary ways to import contacts
- How to map new contacts to your lists and custom fields
Create and send your email campaign
You’re ready to send a campaign. How do you create a new campaign, build an email in the email designer, and choose which segment of your contacts you want to send to? The ActiveCampaign drag-and-drop email builder makes it easy to send beautiful, targeted email campaigns fast.
- How to choose which segment of contacts to send to
- How to customize your emails in the drag-and-drop designer
- How to adjust subject lines, from names, and link tracking before sending your campaign
Send your campaign
Hit the ground running and learn how to send a campaign to engaged contactsStart sending
Save your campaign design as an email template
Why create a new email design every single time you want to send a campaign? ActiveCampaign email templates make it easy to save your campaigns so that you can use them again. That lets you save time without worrying about messing up your email designs.
- How to create custom email templates
- How to save past emails as email templates
- How to use email templates in both email campaigns and automations
Get your templates
Save time on your email campaigns with templatesCreating templates
Start with your most valuable email
Email marketing is incredibly powerful, but there’s one specific email that has the biggest impact on your business. Right after someone signs up is the moment they’re most interested in what you have to say — set up a welcome email to catch new contacts when they’re most likely to pay attention.
- Why more people open and click on welcome emails
- How to trigger an email to send when someone fills out a form
- How to automatically follow up with contacts who don’t open your email
Set up a welcome email
Create a welcome email campaign and never miss a new contactWelcome new contacts
See your clicks, opens, and other important reports
ActiveCampaign shows you exactly who engages with your emails. You can see clicks and opens, bounces, most engaged contacts, and more in-depth reporting metrics in the campaign overview and campaign performance reports.
- How to find the revenue generated by your email campaigns
- How to see the clicks, opens, bounces, unsubscribes, and other core email metrics
Get started with segmentation
Email marketing is powerful. But it gets even more powerful when you can show each person exactly what they want to see. Segmentation lets you group your contacts based on what they’re interested in — and then follow up with segmented emails, dynamic content, and personalized messages.
- How to get started with segmentation
- The difference between lists, tags, and custom fields