Hopin: Event Reminders
Any business running events can tell you signups are nice, but what matters is who shows up. Help reduce no-shows to your next event by automating reminders to your expected audience before the event– without even needing to do it manually!
This automation is triggered when a contact is added to the list generated by Hopin for your upcoming event and waits until the date in a custom date field for the event is three days away, then sends a reminder. Then it waits until a day before the event and sends out a second reminder. You’ll need to integrate your Hopin account with ActiveCampaign before importing this automation.
Here’s how Hopin: Event Reminder works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact is added to the list generated by Hopin for your upcoming event. This happens when a contact signs up for one of your events.
2. The contact comes to a 5 minute wait step.
3. The contact then arrives at a wait step until three days before the event date stored in a custom field.
4. The contact comes to a “send email” action and is sent a reminder about the upcoming event.
5. The contact arrives at another wait step until one day before the event date stored in a custom field.
6. The contact moves to another “send email” action and is sent a second reminder about the event.
7. The contact exits the automation.
Note: We use a custom date based field for the wait step, but this automation does not automatically add the event date. We add the event date in our automation recipe “Hopin: Add Event Date To Custom Field”. This is why we also have the first five minute wait step, it holds the contact while the custom field is updated.
Note: Feel free to build out more actions and messages to make this automation your own.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.