Google Sheets: Track Contact Re-engagement (Automation Recipe)
Reach out to contacts who haven't engaged with your email marketing in awhile -- then track whether they engage with your re-engagement campaign.
This automation helps you organize contacts in your Google Sheets CRM based on whether or not they engage with your marketing. ActiveCampaign's free Google Sheets CRM template -- and this automation -- let you monitor your sales pipeline and track lead engagement.
Send your contacts a re-engagement campaign 60 days after they last engaged with your content. Automating your re-engagement email lets you connect with past customers at the right time. For the best re-engagement emails, you can use:
- An enticing re-engagement email subject line
- Personalized email copy
- Copy that targets their emotions
- A promotion, giveaway, or special offer
After you send a contact a re-engagement email, a goal step tracks whether the contact engages with any of the emails in this automation. If the contact engages with an email, the automation adds them to the "Engaged" tab of your Google Sheets CRM spreadsheet.
If the contact remains unengaged, the automation sends them one more email before unsubscribing them from all lists and adding them to the "Unengaged" tab of your Google Sheets CRM spreadsheet.
Before you import this automation, set up your Google Sheets integration and download our free CRM template for Google Sheets. Make sure your Google Sheets CRM has a tab for "Engaged" contacts and a tab for "Unengaged" contacts.
Here's how the "Google Sheets: Track Contact Re-engagement" automation works:
1. The automation is triggered when 60 days have passed since a contact's Last Engaged Date.
2. The automation sends the contact a re-engagement email.
3. The automation waits 7 days. You can adjust this wait step to the wait time of your choice.
4. An If/Else condition checks whether or not the contact opened the re-engagement email. If the contact opened the re-engagement email, they move to the "Re-engaged" goal step. Throughout the automation, the "Re-engaged" goal step checks if a contact opens either email in the automation. If so, the contact moves to the goal step and the actions that follow.
5. When a contact moves the the "Re-engaged" goal step, the automation adds them to the "Engaged" tab of your Google Sheets CRM spreadsheet.
6. If the contact does not open the re-engagement email, the automation sends them a "Last Touch" email. This email lets the contact know this is the last time you will reach out before you remove them from your email list.
7. The "Re-engaged" goal step continues to check whether the contact opens the "Last Touch" email or the re-engagement email.
8. The automation waits 7 days.
9. If the contact still hasn't moved to the "Re-engaged" goal, the automation unsubscribes them from all lists and adds them to the "Unengaged" tab of your Google Sheets CRM spreadsheet.
10. The automation ends.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.