Salesforce: Lead Conversion Attribution
Do you know how your contacts became contacts? How do you know the source of a lead? Where do your leads come from?
The "Salesforce: Lead Conversion Attribution" automation recipe uses lead source attribution to help you with contact organization and management. This recipe uses your contact data to tell you if a contact originated in Salesforce or in ActiveCampaign.
This automation helps you:
- Keep track of marketing campaigns
- Get insights from contact capture and creation
- Track lead sources to know what channels are performing best
- Segment your contacts by lead source
- Personalize the customer journey by lead source
- Achieve alignment between sales and marketing tools
- Improve lead generation strategies through lead conversion tracking
Before importing this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account:
- Set up the ActiveCampaign | Salesforce integration
- Create a custom contact field for "Salesforce Lead Status"
- Map the custom field between ActiveCampaign and Salesforce
- (Optional) Create contact tags for "added to salesforce lead", "added to salesforce contact", and "created from salesforce contact"
Here's how the automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact's "Salesforce Lead Status" custom field changes to either "Closed" or "Converted"
2. The automation checks the contact for the contact tag, "added to salesforce lead" (Note: this action checks to see if contact originated within ActiveCampaign or Salesforce, in our example, we check this status using contact tags, but you can adjust this condition for however you track your lead source or marketing attribution)
3. If Yes, the automation removes the tag "added to salesforce lead" and adds the tag, "added to salesforce contact" to show that the converted lead originated in ActiveCampaign. Then the automation ends.
4. If No, the automation removes the tag "added to salesforce lead" and adds the tag, "created from salesforce contact" to show that the converted lead originated in Salesforce. Then the automation ends.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.