Education: Reminder to Complete Course After Starting
Once a contact starts your course, then the process will handle itself, right?
This is a common misconception. While starting a course is a huge step in a contact's first step with an online learning platform, if they never finish the first course, they are less likely to purchase another. Sending a reminder after a period of inactivity after starting the course is a simple way to keep your course top of mind.
This automation is triggered when a contact starts your course. The contact then is held in a wait step until they finish the course for up to a week, when they will move forward regardless. If they haven't finished the course, the contact is sent a gentle reminder to finish the course.
Here's how this automation works:
1. The contact is entered into the automation when they are tagged as starting a course.
2. The contact then enters a wait step until they finish the course for up to one week. If they haven't finished the course in a week, they move on regardless.
3. The contact reached an If/Else step to check if they have finished the course.
4. If they have, they go down the Yes path and exit the automation.
5. If they haven't, they go down the No path and are sent an email encouraging them to finish the course.
Note: In our example, we use tags to denote when a contact has started and finished a course. Feel free to adjust these conditions to however you track these events.
Note: Feel free to adjust the timing of the wait step and build out more messages and actions, if you would like.
Similar to this automation recipe
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.