Black Friday: Accessory Upsell
We've all been there. We buy an exciting new product or service during a big sale. Then you start to use it and realize to get the most out of it, you should have bought the accessories for it! Who hasn't been frustrated by this?
Ensure a great customer experience by highlighting the items your contacts should buy to get the most out of their purchase. This can lead to a better experience, positive word of mouth, and repeat customers.
This automation is triggered when a purchase is made from your ecommerce store and is then segmented by date and time conditions for the holiday. The contact is then sent a thank you message, the automation checks to see if they bought accessories for their purchase, and, if not, sends a message highlighting what's on offer while the sale is still going on.
Here's how this automation works:
1. The contact enters the automation when they make a purchase from your ecommerce store on the date specified in the segmenting conditions. For our example, November 27th.
2. The contact reaches a send email step and is sent a thank you email for their initial purchase.
3. The contact waits for an hour at a wait step.
4. An If/Else action then checks to see if the contact's purchase included any accessories.
5. If yes, the contact exits the automation.
6. If no, the contact is sent an email showcasing the accessories on sale via a send email action.
Note: This automation can work with any special day but we use Black Friday in our example as the date and time conditions.
Note: Feel free to adjust the condition in the If/Else that checks for the upsell item. You might want to use a specific product ID, category, or SKU.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.