Holiday Marketing: Drip Series Upon Site Visit
How can I help my holiday sale be a smashing success?
When contacts are looking at your site around the time of a big sale, chances are they're considering a purchase or just made one. This is a great time to let them know about your holiday sale and show off some top deals. Even if a contact made a purchase, they may have missed out on the perfect gift for someone on their holiday gift list, so showing the highlights can help drive another purchase.
The automation is triggered when a contact visits your page or subdomain you've specified. The trigger is further segmented with date/time conditions for the duration of your holiday sale, so contacts only enter when it's occurring. The contact then is sent a series of targeted emails about your current sale over the next few days.
Here's how this automation works:
1. The contact enters the automation when they visit your specific page or subdomain during the time frame in the segment condition.
2. The contact waits for a few hours at a wait step.
3. The contact is sent an email about the holiday sale.
4. The contact waits for a day at a wait step.
5. The contact is sent a second email highlighting different deals from the holiday sales.
6. The contact waits for a day at a wait step.
7. The contact is sent a third email, this one highlighting small, last minute deals to pick up before the sale ends.
Note: You can use an asterisk as a wildcard at the end of the url in the trigger and it will trigger on any visits to that subdomain.
Note: You will then want to segment the trigger to only be active during the time of your sale. You can do this using Time/Date conditions. In our example, it's a month long sale, so we have the segment as "current month is December". Feel free to adjust this to your actual sale time.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.