Annual Join Date Thank-You Email Automation Recipe
If there's one thing to remember, it's that you don't have a business without contacts. And the day that a contact signs up to be on your list is a day to remember.
And if you remember and acknowledge it every year, contacts appreciate the gesture.
Let's be real -- there's not enough time to send a thank-you note to every contact on their anniversary. Luckily, we automate that!
You can use the Annual Join Date Thank-You Email Automation Recipe to send personalized thank-you emails to your contacts to thank them for being a subscriber.
How does the annual join date thank-you email automation work?
Here's how the annual join date thank-you email automation works:
1. The day before the anniversary sign-up date arrives and triggers the automation. This trigger is set up to be activated on day before the anniversary of a contact's signing up for your list by using the Subscription Date custom field. You can build out an automation for each of your lists using this recipe and specialize each pathway to the specific list or use your master list for a more general yearly update.
2. Automation checks the contact status in the automation. The contact travels to the IF/ELSE condition to see if the contact has ever been sent a first-anniversary email. To check this, this condition should be set up to "Has Been Sent First Year Email" and references the email that we are about to send.
3. Send the first-year anniversary email. This email is designed for contacts who have been subscribed to your list for a year. You can use this email to say thank you, offer a discount, or explain how the contact can be more involved with your organization.
4. Automation checks for contact status again. The contact again goes through an IF/ELSE to find out if they have ever received the second-anniversary email.
5. Send the second-year anniversary email. This email is designed for contacts who have been subscribed to your list for 2 years. You can use this email to say thank you, offer a discount, or explain how the contact can be more involved with your organization.
6. The automation ends.
NOTE: You can customize this automation with more anniversary email campaigns if you'd like. You can customize this automation and build out more anniversary messages and IF/ELSE actions down the Yes path for subsequent years. This is currently set up with the steps for two years, but you can keep building out as needed.
What do you need to use the annual join date thank-you email automation recipe?
Just an ActiveCampaign account and a contact list!
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.