Founded in 2017 by Bruno Riether and Gabriel Simões, a Escola de Sites teaches people how to develop unique websites on the WordPress platform with Elementor Pro—no coding experience needed. a Escola de Sites’ student base is between 18 and 30 years old with common interests, yet different goals when it comes to financial independence & workplace flexibility.
3 major challenges solved by ActiveCampaign
We sat down with Rafael Bonotto—a copywriter on the team—to learn more about how ActiveCampaign solved their business challenges and even enabled them to generate 6 figures of revenue in a single day.
He said they had 3 major challenges before transitioning to ActiveCampaign from Mailchimp, namely:
- Sluggish internal processes
- Low deliverability
- Lack of audience segmentation
The a Escola de Sites team learned about ActiveCampaign from other customers who optimized their online businesses with ActiveCampaign’s platform. According to Rafael, the team had not considered any other alternatives, as the word-of-mouth testimonials gave them all the information necessary to understand how ActiveCampaign could optimize their business.
Eight months in, Rafael said the team is well-equipped to use the platform thanks to the implementation process. They have prioritized automations, tags & signup workflows and are exploring additional features to further improve their buyer’s journey and make their teams more agile.
Rafael pointed out, “The possibility of creating custom fields to segment our audience and use that data to define our buyer’s journey is one of the main reasons we chose ActiveCampaign. This helped us right from the start.”
Peeking behind the curtain, the a Escola de Sites team shares their 3 favorite features:
- Integrated forms: This integration enabled the team to collect data from leads via our Forms feature and sync it with their contact information in ActiveCampaign.
- Welcome Drip Series Automation: By using this ActiveCampaign-created recipe, the team was able to automatically engage new leads and send the next steps.
- Customer Segmentation: This feature enabled the team to send personalized messaging to their two main segments—those who want to build and sell websites, and those who want to create a website.
Earning 6 figures by utilizing 4 ActiveCampaign features
Being in business since 2017, the team has tried various strategies to launch courses and turn a profit, but returns were less than expected once all marketing and sales costs were tabulated.
In preparation for their first campaign, a Escola de Sites implemented segmentation so each buyer persona received a personalized welcome offer. The results were immediately clear—in Rafael’s own words, “With our first campaign with ActiveCampaign, we significantly increased conversion rate from our welcome series.”
But the good news for a Escola de Sites didn’t end there. “Recently, we reached 6-figure revenues in a single day. Deliverability was the factor that made all the difference,” said Rafael.
Based on their needs, the team opted for ActiveCampaign’s Professional Plan and they’ve already seen an improvement in their 3 major challenges with many good stories to tell. In addition, they’ve been able to use enhanced reporting to make better business decisions.
Here are 4 ActiveCampaign features that helped the team overcome their challenges:
- Automation: The new student onboarding process & other internal workflows were made more efficient by implementing ActiveCampaign’s automations.
- Tags: The team was able to quickly segment students and distribute bonuses to them without manual cross-referencing of data using tags to segment their contact list.
- Campaigns: Empowered with segmented contacts, the team was able to send personalized one-off emails as needed to students.
- Custom Reporting: These insights alllowed the team to optimize traffic management processes in other media and email marketing.
“For those with deliverability issues, ActiveCampaign is a great solution for email marketing, especially for those working with a new product launch.” said Rafael. “In addition, ActiveCampaign has good chat and onboarding support.”
If you enjoyed getting to know the story of a Escola de Sites, create a free ActiveCampaign trial to optimize your business today and save time. We’d love to help your company grow too!