Highly Engaged Qualification Scoring - Site Tracking
What can a highly engaged contact mean?
Not only does it indicate the contacts who have helped make your business successful and what it is today, but this group is typically the first to give a positive review, testimonial, opt into your new programs, and want to be part of your story. The first step to all of this is identifying these contacts, which is where our Highly Engaged Qualification Scoring Series comes in.
This automation is triggered when a contact visits your site. An If/Else action checks to see if the contact is tagged as still in a current browsing session already accounted for. If not, the contact then has a specified amount of points added to their engagement score. Import all the recipes in our Highly Engaged Tagging automation recipe series to set up a great system using scoring.
Here's how this automation works:
1. The contact enters the automation when they visit a specific page or pages on your site.
2. An If/Else action checks to see if the contact has a "Current Browsing Session" tag.
3. If they do, they go down the Yes path and exit the automation.
4. If they don't, they go down the No path and a "Current Browsing Session" tag is added.
5. The contact has a specified amount of points added to their engagement score.
6. The contact waits for an hour in a wait step.
7. The contact then has the "Current Browsing Session" tag removed by a remove tag action.
Note: You will need to build a score for engagement in the Manage Scoring section of your account and set up site tracking before importing this automation.
Note: In our example, we give 5 points to our Engagement Score and have it set to expire in a month. But feel free to adjust this to what makes sense to your scoring system.
Note: You can use an asterisk at the end of the domain in the automation trigger to indicate a wildcard, meaning any page visited in that subdomain will trigger this automation. Feel free to also use a specific web page and adjust the score accordingly.
Note: We have a tagging system for Current Browsing Session set-up so that way it only counts one visit an hour and visiting multiple pages on your site in a short period of time does not add an inconsistent number of points. Feel free to adjust this to what makes sense for your business.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.