How do you promote your upcoming tour via email? How do you notify your audience about upcoming events?
With the "Event: Automated Event Announcement Email Series" automation recipe, you can use email automate to send recommended event emails and concert event dates to your audience!
This automation helps you:
- Send your contacts a series of automated messages inviting them to your tour or nearby event
- Use email automation and email marketing to announce your tour or event dates
- Send exclusive event email invitations
- Build excitement and awareness with pre-event email marketing
- Add email personalization into your recommended event emails
Before you import this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account:
- Create an ActiveCampaign form for audience members interested in your upcoming tour
- (Optional) Integrate your existing landing page tool with ActiveCampaign to achieve the same purpose
- Create an ActiveCampaign custom contact field that is date-based for local tour dates
Thus automation recipe uses automation goals based on the date-based custom field for the upcoming event date. This use of automation goals lets you take advantage of personalized email timing for each location, so your audience receives the invitation and reminder emails at the right time.
Here's how the automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact submits the form indicating interest in your upcoming tour or event dates
2. The automation sends an email about all upcoming tour dates
3. The automation waits until the contact achieves the goal "3 months from concert/event"
4. The automation sends an email notifying your contacts that the tour date is coming to their town in 3 months
5. The automation waits until the contact achieves the goal "2 months from concert/event"
6. The automation sends another reminder email that the event is 2 months away for their location
7. The automation waits until the contact achieves the goal "1 month from concert/event"
8. The automation sends an event reminder email notifying contacts there's only 1 month before the event
9. The automation waits until the contact achieves the goal "2 weeks from concert/event"
10. The automation sends an "2 weeks until event" reminder email
11. The automation waits until the contact achieves the goal "day of concert/event"
12. The automation sends a final event reminder email that the event is today
13. The automation waits for 8 hours
14. The automation waits until the contact achieves the goal "Purchased Tickets"
15. The automation ends
- The goal wait steps aren't fixed, and you can change the duration of the goal steps to reflect your process and the frequency that you would like to remind your audience
- We use goals instead of wait steps in the example automation because your contacts may submit the form at any time leading up to the event date. If a contact submits your form 1 month from the event's date, you don't want to send them an email telling them it's 3 months from the concert date. You avoid this potential problem by using automation goals, and always send the email with the accurate timing.
- The final goal step "Tickets Purchased" is in place for the entirety of the automation. This means that if a contact purchases tickets at any point in the automation, that contact will be removed from the automation so they do not receive continual prompts to purchase tickets for an event they have already purchased tickets for.