Beta Program Messaging Workflow
How often should you check with your contacts testing out your exciting, new feature?
When a contact enters the beta period, there is no guarantee that they immediately start using the new, unreleased feature. Checking in with them throughout the process helps keep it top of mind, can help you fix bugs as they arise, and creates a helpful dialogue with resources at the tip of their fingers.
This automation sends a series of messages to contacts throughout your beta process, letting them know what to expect, checking in, and providing helpful resources and links. The automation ends with a final check in and a feedback survey for them to fill out.
Here's how this automation works:
1. The automation is triggered when a tag is added that the contact has been approved for the beta.
2. The contact arrives at a send email step and is sent an email welcoming them to the beta program.
3. The contact waits for three days at a wait step.
4. The contact then is sent another email, proactively checking in to make sure everything is set up correctly and working as it should.
5. The contact waits for four days at a wait step.
6. The contact is sent your first weekly check in email.
7. The contact waits for a week at a wait step.
8. The contact is sent your second weekly check in email.
9. The contact waits for a week at a wait step.
10. The contact is sent your third weekly check in email.
11. The contact waits for a week at a wait step.
12. The contact is sent your final weekly check in email and a link to a survey for them to fill out is included.
Note: In our example, we check for a tag being added of "beta approved". Feel free to adjust this trigger to what makes sense for you. You could use the beta start date from our recipe "Beta Program: Add Trackable Dates" or, if you are just accepting all contacts interested, use a form trigger with our program's opt-in form.
Note: Our example is set up for a month-long timeframe. Feel free to adjust this time frame and add actions and messages as needed.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.