Author: Book Review RequestActiveCampaign
How can you get more book reviews that encourage people to buy your book? How can you use social proof from reviews to sell more books from your ecommerce store?
The "Author: Book Review Request" automation recipe helps you to get more reviews by sending an automated review request email every time a reader purchases your book online. This recipe is a powerful tool for authors developing their email marketing strategy and looking to increase book sales.
Why do product reviews matter?
Reviews are a strong form of social proof. They give your products credibility. Positive reviews encourage people to buy your books, and increase buyer confidence.
Before you import this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account, integrate ActiveCampaign with your ecommerce platform:
Here's how the automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact makes a book purchase on your ecommerce store and the purchase information is synced to ActiveCampaign via Deep Data Integration
2. The automation waits 1 month (Note: you can change the length of this wait step, we have it set to 1 month to give your readers time to finish your book)
3. The automation sends an automated "Book Review Request" email
4. The automation waits for the contact to click any link in the request for a book review email, up to 1 week
5. The automation checks if the contact has clicked any link in the "Book Review Request" email
6. If yes, the automation applies a "Book Review Given" tag to the contact and sends a "Thank you for the book review email. Once the thank you email is delivered, the automation ends
7. If no, the automation waits 1 month (Note: you can change the length of the wait step to your preference), then the automation sends a second book review request email
8. The automation waits until the contact has clicked any link in either of the 2 book review request emails, up to 7 days
9. The automation checks to see if the contact clicked any link in either email
10. If yes, the automation applies a "Book Review Given" to the contact, sends a "Thank you for the book review" email, and ends the automation
11. If no, the automation adds a "Did Not Review Book" tag to the contact, and ends the automation.
If you're wondering how to write a book review request email, or how to pitch a book review, you can learn more about how to write these types of emails here!
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.