Welcome Series: Early Engagement Tracking
Welcome series are a staple of marketing automation. You send out messages to your new contacts to set expectations, introduce yourself, and set a call to action for the first steps you want the contacts to take. But why not start personalizing even then?
This automation sends out your welcome messaging while also tracking how engaged your new contacts are. Based on how your new contacts interact with the messaging, they could end up tagged as “Early Engagement” or have a note added to their profile to follow up more directly.
Here’s how the Welcome Series: Early Engagement Tracking works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact is added to your list.
2. The contact is then sent a welcome email.
3. The contact then waits for a week at a wait step. Feel free to adjust this timing to what makes sense for your business.
4. The contact arrives at an If/Else step checking to see if the contact has clicked on any links in the email.
5. If yes, an Add Tag action tags them as “Early Engagement”.
6. The contact is then sent an email for next steps and exits the automation.
7. If no, the contact is sent a welcome reminder email with reworked content to see if this helps them engage.
8. The contact then waits for up to two weeks in a wait step until they click a link in any of the emails. If the contact hasn’t clicked a link within two weeks, they’ll move on.
9. The contact arrives at another If/Else action checking if they clicked a link in any email.
10. If yes, the contact exits the automation.
11. If no, the contact has a note added to their account denoting they haven’t engaged and encouraging your team to reach out another way.
12. The contact exits the automation.
Note: Feel free to adjust the content and number of messages in this recipe. These are just examples to help you get started, but feel free to make this automation your own.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.