Affiliate marketing is a marketing partnership program that allows individuals to become 'Affiliates' and rewards them for successfully referring them to a business. Affiliate marketing programs differ on what is considered a conversion. It could be a website or page visit, a purchase, or a sign-up.
Typically affiliates are rewarded on a commission system, often including performance tiers based on number of conversions. Affiliate marketing is a popular and cost effective method for businesses to grow their brand awareness and customer base.
How do I become an affiliate marketer?
5 steps to becoming an affiliate marketer:
- Seek out affiliate programs that your audience would find helpful.
- Choose which of their offers you can add value to and promote.
- Get the official affiliate link for each offer.
- Share those links on your blog, social media, and (if possible) your email list.
- Every time somebody uses your link to make a purchase, you'll collect a commission.
How much money can you make as an affiliate marketer?
There is a strong correlation between experience and affiliate income. According to recent data, less than 10% of affiliate marketers produce over $50,000 in affiliate revenue per year. The majority of those surveyed said affiliate marketing made up between 5-20% of their total income.
How much do affiliate links pay?
Depending on the industry, affiliate links may be anywhere betwen a few cents (Amazon affilaite program) and $1,000+ (high ticket affiliate offers). Most programs tend to have average commissions of $5-10.
Ready to get started?
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant set-up.