How to get started with automation in ActiveCampaign
How does Customer Experience Automation help you grow your business?
Reach & Engage
Every business wants new leads. And you want to reach the right people — the people who will become your best customers. Customer Experience Automation helps you reach & engage your audience, and attract the right people to your business.
Nurture & Educate
How do you show new leads the info they need? Use Customer Experience Automation to plan what details you would like to capture about your audience. Get to know them, then show them exactly what they want to see.
Convert & Close
There’s a moment when a lead is ready to become a customer. Do you know when it is? Customer Experience Automation helps you spot the most engaged leads and make them the offer that turns them into customers.
Support & Grow
How can you keep your customers coming back for more? Customer Experience Automation helps you keep customers around — and turn them into advocates that help grow your business.
How does automation work at every stage of the customer lifecycle?
Get introduced to the drag-and-drop automations builder
- What you can use to trigger an automation, and how to set up start triggers
- Create an automation complete with start triggers, wait steps, email sends, and personalization opportunities
Learn about the 20+ triggers you can use to automate
- The 20+ triggers you can use to automate your business
- 3 steps to choosing and setting up start figures
Get started (or inspired) with a pre-made automation recipe
- 250+ pre-built automation recipes created by ActiveCampaign, ActiveCampaign partners, and ActiveCampaign customers like you
- Filtering options that let you browse recipes by experience level, industry, features included, or business need
- Detailed automation recipe descriptions and recipe suggestions on every page
- Opportunities to contribute your own recipes, based on experience from your business.
Learn if/else, goal steps, and other advanced automation actions
- How to send an automated email
- How to create if/else statements, building dynamic yes/no paths based on contact actions
- How to set up goal steps so automations listen to the actions of each individual, creating win conditions that pull them to completion
Automate each stage of the customer lifecycle
- Why shifting your focus from the funnel to the lifecycle will transform the way you do business
- How to use Customer Experience Automation (CXA) to grow your business
- Why actionable data is the key to CXA (and how to get more of it!)
- How to pinpoint where your customer interactions are happening (and automate them)
Automate across every tool you use in your business
- The top integrations that successful businesses connect to ActiveCampaign
- Built the Koia Krew, a loyalty program that brings together a community and gamifies brand advocacy
- How to quickly get started with integrations
Frequently Asked Questions
What is marketing automation?
Why should I use marketing automation?
Marketing automation allows you to personalize and tailor every part of the customer journey for your contacts, making your marketing processes nimbler and smarter while saving you time. By automating your repeatable processes you can focus on the personal touches that will set your business apart, and have the peace of mind that you haven’t missed a step with any individual contact.
You can capture, nurture, and close leads, identify contacts who are ready to buy, notify internal representatives when a contact is close to conversion or at risk of churn, increase event attendance, decrease the rate of shopping cart abandonment, provide product fulfillment, and more – all in the same platform.
Do I need marketing automation?
What is the difference between CRM and marketing automation?
How can I learn marketing automation?
You’ve come to the right place! ActiveCampaign teaches automation with a straightforward approach, helping you take a step back to map out your processes before you build them.
There are several ways to learn marketing automation with ActiveCampaign:
- Accelerated Onboarding: Hit the ground running with this webinar series featuring a live moderator answering all of your questions. Get your new account
- Courses: From Getting Started to email marketing and segmentation techniques, learn how to build marketing automation campaigns from ActiveCampaign experts.
- Study Hall: Bring your knowledge and questions to Study Hall, a three-session live webinar series presented by ActiveCampaign experts. Learn how to understand what your contacts want, and how to deliver them relevant, personalized messages at the right time with marketing automation.
- Help Center: Are you the do-it-yourself type? Check out the expansive Help Center, where you can learn more about setting up your account, building automations, creating campaigns and more.
- Book a 1-on-1: There’s a lot to learn, and we know you’ll still have questions. That’s where the ActiveCampaign Customer Success team comes in. Book time with one of our experts, and get 1-on-1 help for your questions. Plan, build, review, and test automations with a member of our team.
Get step-by-step instructions for every part of ActiveCampaign
If you’re looking for instructions on a specific area of the platform, find them here.
Attend an event with ActiveCampaign
Webinars and events