With the release of ActiveCampaign Help Desk Software 2.6 you will see a number of new changes (and additions) to the script.
Starting with 2.6 we have begun to implement a number of “ajax” enabled features. Such features as spell check, viewing indicator, live typing indicator, auto-refreshing of the queue lists etc… enhance the usability of Help Desk Software.
- Spell check – We have implemented our LGPL project (ActiveSpell) into Help Desk Software. When turned on it allows for spell checking in the admin and public ticket post areas.
- Live viewing indicator – From the early beginning of Help Desk Software we have had a viewing indicator. This allows you to see who is viewing the ticket and to avoid working on the same ticket with another admin/operator. With 2.6 we take this one step further. What used to be static (on page load) is now live. So you will be able to see who is entering/exiting the ticket along with who is currently viewing the ticket.
- Live typing indicator – A brand new feature of 2.6 is our live typing indicator. We took the live viewing indicator one step further and now it will alert you when another admin/operator is typing on the ticket you are currently viewing. This ensures that two admins/operators will not reply to the same ticket.
- Auto-refreshing of the queue – The main startup page of the customer service software is a common screen for all admins/operators using Help Desk. Prior to 2.6 this page would refresh according to the refresh time set in the “my settings” area. While sufficient for most needs – this also posed certain problems. Starting with 2.6 you will no longer notice a refresh of the page. And when tickets are added or removed from the list you will not lose any checkbox settings in the process.
- Other changes – 2.6 has a number of smaller changes. Including an updated public/admin interface, improved searching, and more.
Existing clients can download 2.6 through our support center. If you are a new user – you can order or request a 30 day trial.