This post was contributed by Tara Salmon of MessageMedia.
With 90% of text messages read in 90 seconds, SMS is the most effective way for businesses to cut through the noise and reach customers where they are — on their mobile phones.
MessageMedia SMS for ActiveCampaign offers a seamless way for businesses to get closer to customers by adding text.
MessageMedia is the leading SMS provider for small and medium-sized businesses. For more than 20 years, we’ve helped over 65,000 companies worldwide leverage the power of SMS to attract, engage, and retain more customers.
SMS for ActiveCampaign elevates the power of your workflows by easily adding text messages to have real-time, two-way text conversations with customers and send individual or bulk messages. You can even create automated text responses triggered by calendar dates, keywords, or customer actions.
Sending text messages directly within your ActiveCampaign platform allows you to:
- Maximize your campaign ROI. With an average 23% conversion rate, reach customers wherever they are and seamlessly execute effective multi-channel promotions by adding SMS to ActiveCampaign.
- Accelerate your sales cycle. Improve lead engagement and prospect follow-up with time-based drip campaigns.
- Streamline and automate your processes. Replace manual tasks with automated SMS workflows for real-time alerts or notifications, payment reminders, and support ticket updates.
How MessageMedia & ActiveCampaign Work Together
MessageMedia’s SMS app integrates directly into ActiveCampaign and allows you to add text messages to your workflows while providing a number of additional and powerful features:
- Personalized SMS marketing campaigns. Add SMS into your existing customer experience and marketing automation workflows. Easily send tailored and targeted ActiveCampaign promotional campaigns.
- Automated contact activity. SMS messages are automatically tracked in ActiveCampaign contact records, providing a 360-degree view of all customer communication.
- Two-way SMS conversations. The easy-to-use inbox makes it seamless to engage in real-time, two-way conversations with your customers and prospects for a more human experience.
- Simplified country codes. MessageMedia converts mobile numbers into local codes to save you time.
- Trigger workflows from inbound SMS. Coming soon! You’ll be able to trigger workflow automations based on inbound SMS responses from customers and prospects.
How to Use MessageMedia & ActiveCampaign
Getting started with SMS for ActiveCampaign is easy. Here are the steps to get started sending:
- Become a MessageMedia customer.
- Find the MessageMedia SMS for ActiveCampaign app. When logged in to ActiveCampaign, go to the apps section and search for MessageMedia.
- Connect. Connect your integration to start sending SMS from ActiveCampaign.
- Add SMS. When you are in a campaign or automation, add a text message to your workflow by selecting CX Apps from the Add a New Action (+) button. You’ll see ‘Send SMS via MessageMedia’ which will enable your text send.
Once you’ve set up your integration with MessageMedia, you can start sending text messages. Here are some of the most common ways businesses leverage SMS:
- Marketing. Send promotional and marketing campaign messages, reward customers with loyalty and anniversary messages, send event confirmations and reminders, and reduce cart abandonment.
- Sales. Follow-up with customers and prospects and send appointment reminders to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Operations. Reduce appointment no-shows with confirmations and reminders. You can also eliminate certain customer support calls and emails by providing SMS order, shipping, and delivery confirmations.
Need more inspiration? Try these automation recipes.
Maximize Your SMS Messages
The SMS opportunities are endless. When you determine how your organization will leverage texting, the next step is to craft your message. Here are some helpful tips to maximize your SMS messages:
- Be Concise. Your messages should be as short as possible, while also providing all necessary information. Keep SMS messages to 160 characters or less. Those that exceed 160 characters can split into two separate messages.
- Make it personal. With SMS, you can easily customize bulk text messages to include customer names and other relevant details, like order information. Be sure to include these attributes where appropriate, so your messages are tailored to each customer and feel personal.
- Keep things relevant. Make sure the most critical information in your messages is at the forefront, so your customers know instantly why they’re receiving it. Don’t bury crucial details at the end of your messages.
- Stand out. When necessary, your messages should stand out and grab attention. For example, with promotional messages, you can offer incentives to motivate customers to act quickly. You can also leverage Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) to include images.
- Stay Compliant. Make sure your customers are opting in to receive SMS messages by following privacy requirements. You must also include a way for people to opt-out within marketing and advertising messages.
- Focus on action. Unless your message is a notification or alert without a necessary action, focus on your goal for sending it. For example, whether the message is to confirm an appointment, finish a cart purchase, or complete a survey – it’s vital to help customers complete requested actions by including a URL or phone number.
- Optimize. Review the performance of your SMS messages regularly by tracking open, response, and conversation rates to assess how to improve them.
Deliver Customer Value Through SMS
SMS for ActiveCampaign offers a seamless way to deliver more value to your customers with SMS. Get the app today and provide a better customer experience while boosting engagement, increasing sales, and introducing efficiencies throughout your organization. MessageMedia is here to help you ignite your ActiveCampaign platform with the power of SMS.