WooCommerce: Post-Purchase Cross-SellActiveCampaign
When a customer makes an online purchase from your WooCommerce store, what happens next?
A confirmation email? Definitely. And that confirmation email can either include or be promptly followed by a cross-selling campaign.
Cross-sell marketing campaigns show your contacts which of your other products they might be interested in based on their previous online purchase. For example, you can send a cross-sell campaign to a contact who buys a guitar and try to sell them an amplifier.
To keep their interest high with cross-selling campaigns and without extra work for you, you can use the WooCommerce Store Post-Purchase Cross-Sell Automation Recipe.
Before importing this automation, set up your WooCommerce integration.
Here's how the WooCommerce store post-purchase cross-sell automation works:
1. The automation triggers when a contact makes a purchase from your Shopify store, then the contact waits for a few days.
2. After the wait, the automation sends the contact the first cross-sell email to tell them about other products and services you have to offer in your WooCommerce store. Use this email to show how this product improves the experience of the first product they purchased.
3. The automation takes the contact to an If/Else action to see if the contact bought a cross-sell product in your WooCommerce store. You can adjust this time period to your preference.
4. If the contact has made the purchase, they receive a tag to show they purchased after the first cross-sell email and then exit the automation.
5. If the contact doesn't make a purchase, the contact will receive a second cross-sell email and go into another wait step for a few days.
6. After the wait, an If/Else checks to see if the contact has made the purchase. If they have, they are tagged as having purchased after the second email. Either way, the contact exits the automation.
Note: This WooCommerce automation checks for purchase after each email to allow you to test different cross-sell strategies. You could also use goals to track the cross-sell purchase.
Note: You can run this WooCommerce cross-sell automation for a specific product or other products in general, just make sure you adjust the conditions accordingly.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.