You create a form, people fill it out and subscribe to an email list, and now you have to send them emails. What kind of emails?
More specifically, a welcome series.
What is a welcome email series? It's a series of emails that you send to your new list subscribers. A welcome series should begin promptly after someone subscribes to your list. A welcome email series should:
-Give helpful info to get someone started with your business
-Use automations to help send them
Are you unsure of how to create a welcome email sequence? Are you even less sure of how to automate it? The answer to both questions is right here! Onboarding your new list subscribers is a snap with the Welcome Series Automation Recipe.
How does a welcome series automation work?
1. A contact activates a trigger like "Contact subscribes to any list" and enters the welcome series automation
2. An initial welcome email is automatically sent following the trigger action.
3. After a specified wait period, we'll check to see if those contacts opened the first welcome email.
4. If they open it, a more in-depth follow-up message is sent.
5. If they don't open it, a reworked welcome email with a new subject line and slightly different messaging is sent next.
How do you use this welcome series automation recipe?
-Since this is a welcome series, we encourage using your main contact list so that all contacts who are added receive this message.
-If you would like a specific message to go out to contacts based on their list, you can use this recipe multiple times as separate automations to build out a unique series for each of your lists.
-You can (and should) edit the welcome email draft to match your brand messaging and style.
-Define the pre-built condition for whether the email is opened or not. To do this, make sure you choose "Welcome Email" from this automation. This is how to see which contacts engaged with the first message here.
-Create follow-up emails for those who do and don't open the welcome email. These emails use the same design as the first welcome email and include minor changes like the subject line, call to action, special offer, or a more detailed introduction.
What do you need to use this welcome series automation recipe?
Just an ActiveCampaign account and a contact list!