Limited Time Email Giveaway Automation Recipe
Contests and giveaways are a great way to generate leads and build your email list. Exchanging a limited time deal, email coupon, giveaway, or special offer for a contact's name and email address is a proven email marketing strategy and lead generation strategy.
But, how do you run a giveaway with email? How do you make your offer available for a limited time only?
The "Limited Time Email Giveaway" automation recipe sends your exclusive offer to any contact that submits a form within the given time frame. After the date has passed, the automation recipe sends an email notification that the limited time offer is no longer able to be redeemed.
This automaton recipe helps you:
- Capture contacts for your email list
- Generate leads for your business
- Create urgency for your contacts to take action through a limited time offer
- Add value for your contacts/leads with a coupon or deal
- Increase email engagement and improve email deliverability
Before importing this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account:
- Create an ActiveCampaign form for your contacts to register and qualify for the offer
- (Optional) send a contest announcement email to your existing email list to create urgency and increase awareness on your offering
Here's how the automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact submits the form to redeem the limited time offer
2. The automation uses a split action to route the contacts down 1 of 2 paths. Path A is for the contacts that submit the form before the set end date, Path B is for the contacts that submit the form after the special offer end date. (Note: you can change the date that the split action changes, as well as the conditions that determine the path for your contacts. In this example we use a date-based rule, but you can choose the split condition that makes the most sense, or import this recipe for a "first come, first served" split.)
3. If a contact submits the form before the set end date, the contact is routed down Path A, the automation sends the limited time special offer email to the contact, and the automation ends.
4. If a contact submits the form after the set end date, the contact is routed down Path B, the automation sends an email notifying the contact that the limited time offer is no longer available, and the automation ends.
Note: In step 4 you are able to change the content of the email to include a schedule of more upcoming offers, another way to redeem the offer, or any other content you desire.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.