Are you wondering how to start a book club online? Or are you thinking about how to organize a virtual book club?
The "Author: Online Book Club Email" automation recipe helps you to organize and distribute your:
- Book club announcement
- Book club reading schedule
- Book club assignments
- Book club questions
- Book club reminders
All through email automation!
Before you import this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account, create a Digital Book Club Sign-up ActiveCampaign form.
Here's how the automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when an email contact submits your online book club registration form
2. The automation sends a "Welcome to the book club" email along with the first reading assignment (NOTE: in our example we have combined both the welcome and the first reading assignment into one message. You can add an additional step into the automation if you'd like to send these messages as two individual emails)
3. The automation waits until the contact clicks any link in the first email (Note: You can change this wait step to be a specific length of time rather than triggered by a contact action)
4. The automation sends the "Second reading assignment and first assignment questions" email
5. The automation waits until the email contact has clicked any link in the second assignment email
6. The automation sends the "Final reading assignment and second assignment questions" email
7. The automation waits until the email contact has clicked any link the the final assignment email
8. The automation sends the "Final reading questions" email
9. The automation ends
- We have built this automation recipe to include 3 reading assignments, but you can add or subtract wait steps and emails to make the automation longer or shorter, depending on the book that the club is reading
- We use action-based wait steps to trigger the next email send so that each contact can move along at their own pace. You can change this step to be a specific length of time if your readers are participating at the same time or if you have group book club discussions