Blank Field Follow-Up: Appointment Information (Automation Recipe)
When a contact books an appointment with you, make sure you have all of the information you need before the appointment. If the contact left any important fields blank when booking the appointment, send them a follow-up email to request the missing information.
Missing appointment information might include:
- Service request details
- Contact information
- Issue urgency
If a contact books an appointment and leaves an important form field blank, this automation sends them an email asking them to send you the missing information. If the contact hasn't provided the information within 2 days of the appointment, the automation sends them another follow-up email. When the contact provides the missing information, the automation sends them a thank you email and they exit the automation.
By automating your blank field follow-up emails, you can catch and collect any missing information before the appointment -- so everyone comes prepared.
Here's how the "Blank Field Follow-Up: Appointment Information" automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact is tagged as having made an appointment and leaves the set custom field blank. We use a tag as an example, but adjust the trigger to how you track new appointments.
2. The automation sends the contact an email asking them to send you the missing information. Make sure to include a form or some other way for the contact to give you the info you need.
3. The automation waits until the appointment is 2 days out.
4. The automation sends the contact a second email asking them to send you the missing information.
5. A goal step continuously checks whether the important field is no longer blank.
6. If a contact reaches the goal step and the field is still blank, they exit the automation.
7. If the contact provides the information (and meets the goal!), the automation sends them a thank you email.
8. The automation ends.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.