Last Updated: November 3rd, 2016
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites, applications and other online products and services, including email services, marketing services, review and message boards and various other message communication applications (collectively, our “Services”) provided by ActiveCampaign, Inc. (“ActiveCampaign”, “we”, or “us”). By clicking to indicate your acceptance of these Terms, or otherwise accessing or using the Services, you agree to these Terms, and to use our Services in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.activecampaign.com/aup/), which is incorporated by reference into these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 18, do not access or use our Services. In addition to these Terms, we may ask you to accept additional terms that apply to specific features, products or services. To the extent any additional terms conflict with these Terms, the additional terms govern with respect to your access to or use of the applicable feature, product or service. If you have any questions about these Terms or our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Eligibility and AuthorityYou must be at 18 years of age or older to access or use our Services. If you are accessing or using our Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person or entity’s behalf and that the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
2) Accounts; Account Security; Electronic CommunicationsYou will need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account, not share your account credentials, and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. By creating an ActiveCampaign account, you consent to receive electronic communications from ActiveCampaign (e.g., via email or by posting notices on our Services). These communications may include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing.
4) Our Services; License.Our Services may allow you and other users to create, post, store and share marketing or other communications content, including email, text or SMS messages, photos, videos, software and other materials, and review or message boards (collectively, "Marketing Content"). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your Marketing Content, as between you and ActiveCampaign. You grant ActiveCampaign a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, and sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, and display your Message Content to the recipients or audience designated by you or otherwise in accordance with the settings you specify in the Services. You may not to create, post, store or share any Message Content that violates these Terms, including our Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.activecampaign.com/aup/), or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. When using the Services, you may import data regarding your clients (“Client Data”). We use Client Data only to provide Services to you and at your direction, and do not disclose Client Data to third parties, except as follows:
- We may share Client Data with our third party service providers to provide our Services or administer the site.
- If any portion of ActiveCampaign is sold, Client Data may be part of the business assets we transfer. Client Data also may be disclosed if ActiveCampaign is considering or completes the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of the company.
- We may disclose Client Data as we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with any judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants or orders.
- We reserve the right to use, disclose and share your information and Client Data to investigate, prevent or take action with respect to any potential or actual fraud, illegal activities, circumstances which threaten the physical safety of any person, violations of these Terms of Service or as otherwise required by law.
5) Prohibited Conduct
5.1) Prohibited Activities on the Services.You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using our Services. When you access or use our Services, you will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation, any ActiveCampaign official, employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with such a person or entity;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and ActiveCampaign;
- Access the Services by any means other than through the standard industry-accepted or ActiveCampaign-approved application program interfaces;
- Use our Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Delete or revise any material, including Marketing Content, posted by another person or entity;
- Delete or modify any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
- Register, subscribe, attempt to register or subscribe, unsubscribe or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any ActiveCampaign product or Service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of our Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Develop or use any third-party applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file that controls automated access to portions of our Services;
- Export or attempt to export certain data points, including but not limited to EGEO and ERJA data, that cannot be exported from the Services; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
5.2) Compliance with LawsYou represent and warrant that your access to and use of the Services will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those that relate to privacy and data protection and to the sending of electronic communications. You further represent and warrant that you have all necessary permissions to allow ActiveCampaign to process and send Marketing Content and communications to customers, users or followers who consent to receiving marketing messages from you (“Subscribers”) on your behalf. You (and not ActiveCampaign) are responsible for ensuring that you meet all notice and consent obligations for sending communications to individuals in the jurisdictions where they reside. For more information and best practices tips, please see our Consent page (http://www.activecampaign.com/consent/). You are solely responsible for determining whether our Services are suitable for use in light of any laws and regulations that govern your entity, industry, or relationship with your own Subscribers, including but not limited to consumer protection, privacy, advertising, intellectual property or other laws. You may not use our Services for any unlawful or discriminatory activities, including acts prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, or other laws that apply to commerce.
5.3 Reporting AbuseIf you think anyone using the Services is violating any of these Terms, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
6) Terms of Sale
6.1) SubscriptionsWhen you sign up for our Services, you agree to a monthly subscription contract with ActiveCampaign. WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (A) ACTIVECAMPAIGN (OR OUR THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR) IS AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE YOU ON A MONTLY BASIS FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION (IN ADDITION TO ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES) FOR AS LONG AS YOUR SUBSCRIPTION CONTINUES, AND (B) YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS CONTINUOUS UNTIL YOU CANCEL IT OR WE SUSPEND OR STOP PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS. For more information about pricing and subscription plans, please visit our Pricing page.
6.2) Cancellation.You may cancel your subscription at any time by logging into your account and following the instructions on your account dashboard for cancellation or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such cancellation notice must be sent by the designated account owner or an authorized signatory. Inactivity does not constitute automatic cancellation, so unless you cancel your account in accordance with this section, you will continue to be charged for subscription to the Services. All cancellation requests will take effect at the end of then-current subscription period in which the cancellation request is made, and you will be responsible for all fees and any applicable taxes and other charges rendered up through the cancellation date. In the event you cancel your subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about ActiveCampaign, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
6.3) One-Time PurchasesSome features of our Services, such as templates, may be offered as a standalone, non-subscription products. We will charge your payment method at the time of such purchases as a one-time purchase.
6.4) Free TrialsFrom time to time, to the extent legally permitted, we may offer free trials of certain subscriptions for specified period of time without payment. If we offer you a free trial, the specific terms of your free trial will be provided in the marketing materials describing the particular trial or at registration. We reserve the right to modify or terminate free trials at any time, without notice and in our sole discretion.
6.5) Payment and Billing InformationBy providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated payment method. In addition, you authorize (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount of your subscription fees (and applicable taxes and other charges). If the payment method cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, your account may be suspended until your payment is processed. You must resolve any problem we encounter in order to proceed. You acknowledge that the amount billed may vary due to promotional offers, changes to your subscription or changes in applicable taxes or other charges, and you authorize us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the corresponding amount.
7) Limited License; Copyright and TrademarkOur Services and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content contained therein (collectively, the “ActiveCampaign Content”) are owned by or licensed to ActiveCampaign and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, ActiveCampaign and our licensors reserve all rights in and to our Services and the ActiveCampaign Content. You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services and ActiveCampaign Content for (i) your own personal use or (ii) if you are a business or organization, to communicate about your business or organization with your Subscribers. However, such license is subject to these Terms and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell or commercially use our Services or ActiveCampaign Content; (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display ActiveCampaign Content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors; (c) modify the ActiveCampaign Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of our Services or ActiveCampaign Content; (d) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; and (e) use our Services or ActiveCampaign Content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of our Services or ActiveCampaign Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
8) Third Party ContentWe may display content, advertisements and promotions from third parties through the Services (“Third Party Content”). We do not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content, and we make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding such Third Party Content, including, without limitation, regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that your interactions with third parties providing Third Party Content are solely between you and such third parties.
9) FeedbackAny questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about ActiveCampaign or our products or Services (collectively, “Feedback”), is non-confidential and will become the sole property of ActiveCampaign. We will own exclusive rights, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to Feedback and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
10) Copyright ComplaintsWe have a policy of limiting access to our Services and terminating the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify ActiveCampaign’s Designated Agent as follows:
Designated Agent: Jason VandeBoomPlease see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to ActiveCampaign for certain costs and damages.
Address: 222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 810, Chicago, IL 60606
Telephone Number: (773) 360-2270
E-Mail Address: email@example.com