How do you follow up with customers that are interested in your products? How do you turn a one-time customer into a repeat customer? Are you looking for a way to send marketing emails based on customer interests?
With the Targeted Product Interest Follow-Up automation recipe you can send a series of targeted follow-up emails to encourage prospects to make a purchase. The email automation is triggered when a certain tag is applied to a contact, which is a form of segmentation based on product interest.
This automation recipe works perfectly with the "Product Interest Tagging" automation recipe. The "Product Interest Tagging" recipe generates the tag for each contact, then enters that contact into the "Product Interest Targeted Follow-Up" automation recipe
Using site tracking data, or existing customer data, ActiveCampaign applies a tag to certain contacts and begins the automation. This automation recipe sends 5 relevant marketing emails based on customer interests over the course of 17 days.
With this automation recipe you can:
-Promote your online store
-Strengthen your relationship with potential customers
-Send marketing emails to existing customers
-Send marketing emails to prospective customers
-Get information about which contacts are interested in your products
Here's how the Targeted Product Interest Follow-Up recipe works:
1. The automation begins when a "product interest" (or equivalent) tag is added to a contact
2. The automation waits 1 hour
3. The "Coupon for Product 1" automatic email is sent
4. The automation waits 2 days
5. The automation sends an email with content related to product interest
6. The automation waits 4 days
7. An automated email with more content related to the product interest is sent
8. The automation waits 5 days
9. An automated email with more content related to the product or another product coupon is sent
10. The automation waits 4 days
11. A final sales email is sent with more content or an additional product offer
12. The automation waits 2 days and ends
Notes: The content in each email is up to you. Any email could contain content, recommended products, an offer, a discount, or some other incentive for your customers to make a purchase.
The wait steps between each automated email send can be changed to any length of time you prefer if you'd like to change how often you follow up with prospects.
The automation checks the customer status of each contact throughout the automation, so if a contact makes a purchase at any point in the automation they will be removed and will not receive any additional emails encouraging them to purchase a product that they have already purchased.