Travel: Guest Re-engagement Email Series Automation Recipe
How can you re-engage guests who haven't booked a trip with you in a year?
This automation lets you re-engage inactive customers through a re-engagement email series focusing on their love of travel. The goal of these winback emails: Get customers to book another trip through your company.
If a contact opens one or both of the re-engagement emails, the automation enters them into a more focused travel sales drip campaign. If the contact doesn't open either email, the automation enters them into a more general travel marketing flow.
Automating your re-engagement email series lets you connect with past customers at the right time and encourage them to rebook with your company. For the best re-engagement emails, you can use:
- An enticing re-engagement email subject line
- Personalized email copy
- Copy that targets their emotions -- like their love of travel!
- A promotion, giveaway, or special offer
Before you import this automation, make sure you have (and use!) a date-based custom field to track when a contact last booked a trip with you. You can use this automation with the Last Booking Date automation.
Here's how the guest re-engagement email series automation works:
1. The automation is triggered a year after a contact's last booked trip date.
2. The automation sends the contact the first email in the re-engagement series. The emails in this series should remind contacts how much they love to travel -- and that they should book their next trip with you sooner rather than later. In our example, we use "Don't Let Travel Pass You By" for the first email.
3. The automation waits 2 days. Feel free to adjust the wait steps to the timeline that makes sense for your business.
4. The automation sends the contact the second email in the re-engagement series. In our example, we use "Top 10 Places To Travel" for the second email.
5. The automation waits 2 days. Feel free to adjust the wait steps to the timeline that makes sense for your business.
6. An If/Else step checks to see if the contact has opened either email in the series. This step gauges the contact's interest level in booking another trip.
7. If the contact has opened one or both emails, the automation will enter them into the automation of your choosing. Since the contact is already thinking about travel and booking another trip, this should be a more sales-driven automation series.
8. If the contact has not opened either one of the emails, the automation enters them into an automation of your choosing. Since the contact didn't engage with your re-engagement emails, this automation should be a more awareness-focused drip email series, with emails sent less frequently.
9. The automation ends.
Similar to this automation recipe
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.