Product Interest Tagging (Automation Recipe)
Do you wonder who your customers are? Do you want to know what they like, what they don't like, what they might like later?
Guess what -- you can! Site tracking helps you learn more about your customers every day -- and use it to interact with them in a way that makes them respond. But that's a lot of info to remember.
Luckily, you don't have to remember it all. You can create an automation that tags people's interest and keeps track of all of that info for you.
The "Product Interest Tagging" recipe generates the tag for each contact based on product page views from your website. Then those tagged contacts enter the "Product Interest Targeted Follow-Up" automation recipe to receive targeted messaging based on the tags created in this automation.
Create stronger connections with your contacts through targeted emails.
Before importing this recipe, set up Site Tracking with your product URL before you import this recipe.
How does the product interest tagging automation work?
1. The automation is triggered when a contact visits the product page specified in your start trigger.
2. An If/Else action checks to see if the contact has visited the page(s) 6 or more times.
3. If the contact has visited the page(s) 6 or more times, a "Very Interested" tag will be added. If the contact has the "Interested" tag, it is removed. 4. If the contact hasn't visited the page(s) 6 or more times, an If/Else action checks to see if the contact has visited the tracked page(s) 2 or more times.
5. If the contact has visited the page(s) 2 or more times, the "Interested" tag is added.
6. If the contact hasn't visited the page(s) 2 or more times, they exit the automation.
Note: A contact starts becoming tracked by site tracking when they either click on a tracked link in a campaign leading to a tracked page or by submitting an ActiveCampaign form on a page with the site tracking code on it.
NoteYou can also set a wildcard URL by specifying the URL to a point and then using an asterisk. The contact will then meet the condition for any page after the URL listed. Example: If you had an automation set to www.activecampaign.com/marketplace/*, it would trigger an automation when a contact visits any page on the Marketplace.
Note for step 2: Enter the URL of the same product in both conditions.
What do you need to use this product interest tagging automation recipe?
Just an ActiveCampaign account, Site Tracking, and tracked contacts!
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.