CAN-SPAM is an acronym for Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing. CAN-SPAM is a law created in 2003 that establishes the rules for commercial email and messaging, gives people the legal right to have a company stop emailing them, and states the penalties for those to break the law.
CAN-SPAM provides protections like:
- Prohibits the use of deceptive or misleading information and subject lines
- Requires identification (like a return email address) in emails sent out
- Emails must accurately identify the business sending the message
- Emails must state they are advertising
- Provide a way to opt out of emails
- Remove opt-outs within 10 business days
Ready to get started?
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant set-up.