Last Updated: May 22nd, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, interact with message board, apply for a job, request customer support, use our platform or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your Personal Information and any other information you choose to provide. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you subscribe to our paid Services or purchase additional services.
When we say “Personal Information” we mean any information that identifies an individual, such as (but not limited to) an individual’s name, email address, postal address, device-specific information and log information (as described below). Any information that does not, on its own, identify an individual person is considered and treated as non-personal information. When non-personal information is combined with other information so that it does or can be used to identify an individual, this information is treated as Personal Information.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the ways in which you use our platform, the way you respond to us when we send you emails or communications or your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Integrations with Other Services
You may have the option of integrating our Services with other services, technologies or platforms on your desktop, permitted websites and/or your mobile phone. For example, we may offer you widgets that have countdowns to various launches. These integrations may require you to input Personal Information or access or use Personal Information. These integrations may (i) check for updates automatically and transmit your information to their server and/or engine; (ii) send information entered into or accessed by the technology to its server and/or engine and (iii) be visible to the public if embedded on publicly available webpages (such as social networking webpages), depending on the policies of that website.
Connecting Your Email Account
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media sites, credit bureaus, data enrichment providers and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of our platform.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, customize and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by ActiveCampaign and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ActiveCampaign and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you when your information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We often need to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies and analytics and security providers) to help us operate and provide the Services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of ActiveCampaign or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among ActiveCampaign and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other services or platforms.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Please note: If you choose to opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
Retaining Your Information
Transfer of Information to the U.S. or Other Countries
In order to provide you with the Services you subscribe to or that you request from us, your Personal Information will be transferred to the United States as that is where ActiveCampaign is based. In some cases, your Personal Information may be transferred to or accessed from other countries outside the United States, including when you consent and allow us to do so, where it is required in order for us to provide Services to you and when we need to do so to provide functions like product support, troubleshooting and gaining insights into the usage patterns of our Services. When your Personal Information is transferred to the United States and other countries, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. Any international transfers of your Personal Information will be done in accordance with applicable law.
EU-US Privacy Shield
In connection with ActiveCampaign’s processing of personal data it receives from the EU, we comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield”) with respect to personal data we process from the EU and transfer to the United States. For more information about the Privacy Shield, and to view our certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. We remain responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield for any personal data that we share with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above, unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. If you have an inquiry regarding our adherence to the Privacy Shield, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. You may also refer your complaint free-of-charge to JAMS using this link: https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield, our designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints (see Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles for more details).
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
Lawful Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA we primarily rely on three bases to process your Personal Information lawfully.
- First, it is necessary for us to process your Personal Information in certain ways in order to provide the Services to you, in accordance with a contract between you and us, namely, our Terms of Service.
- Second, where you have given us valid consent to use your Personal Information in certain ways, we will rely on your consent. This includes situations where we will obtain your consent prior to sending you information about our products and Services.
- Third, in certain cases we may process your Personal Information where necessary to further ActiveCampaign’s legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. This includes usage statistics, analytics and internal analysis we run to better understand how to use our platform so that we can improve our Services and also provide you with better recommendations on how to get the most out of our platform and to accomplish your goals.
Data Subject Rights Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing activities.
If you submitted Personal Information directly to us or in accordance with the provision of our Services and you would like to view, change, limit or delete your Personal Information, you can do so via your account settings or by contacting us. Upon request, we will notify you about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. By visiting your account settings, you can access, correct, change and delete certain of your Personal Information associated with your account. In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to request the deletion of your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in machine-readable format.
If you need assistance accessing or modifying your Personal Information or wish to delete your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information and your use of the Services. You can do this at any time by cancelling your account through your account settings and then emailing email@example.com to request that your Personal Information be deleted.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of your Personal Information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel or temporarily pause your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ActiveCampaign by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.