Email Service Provider (ESP)
An email service provider (ESP) allows users to send email campaigns to a list of subscribers.
Email service providers are technology companies that make it easier for people to build email lists and send emails. As email marketing has become a more popular marketing channel, more email service providers have sprung up to provide differentiated services.
At the most basic level, an ESP needs to do two things: store email addresses and send emails.
A more advanced email service provider offers additional features, including:
- Dynamic content in emails
- Email and marketing automation
- Lead capture forms
- A/B testing of email subject lines and email content
- A/B testing of entire automations
- Website tracking, to collect more information about subscribers
- Segmentation based on what subscribers are interested in
Ready to get started?
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant set-up.