A key performance indicator (or KPI) is a way to measure the performance of a business and its employees over time. Businesses use KPIs to assess the overall performance of the business, as well as specific processes in departments like sales, marketing, HR, and Support.
What are the 5 key performance indicators?
- Revenue per customer (RPC)
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)
- Email Click through Rate (CTR)
- Profit Margin (PM)
- Average Daily Attendance (ADA)
How is KPI calculated?
Key performance indicators create a basis for decision-making and help focus attention on the most important objectives for business growth. KPIs can track efficiency, compliance, behaviors, finances, project performance, personnel performance or resource utilization.
What are examples of key performance indicators?
Here are a few examples of sales KPIs:
- New Contracts Signed Per Period
- Value of New Contracts Signed Per Period
- Number of Engaged Qualified Leads in Sales Funnel
- Hours Spent on Sales Follow Up
- Average Time for Conversion
- Net Sales
- Dollar or Percentage Growth