Brand mentions are online references to your brand, company, or product. These mentions show up in product reviews, blog posts, social media posts, and news articles.
Brand mentions affect your brand’s reputation, so it’s important to monitor them and address any negative mentions ASAP.
How are brand mentions calculated?
Most often, brand mentions are calculated based on the number of times your brand is mentioned on social media channels. Often, social media monitoring tools such Google Alerts and Sprout Social are used as a social listening campaign.
How can I improve my brand mentions?
Seven ways to gain more brand mentions:
- Attract more followers on social media platforms
- Create a personal brand around yourself and brand employees
- Speak at, or advertise with, events
- Interact with peers and potential customers in online forums such as Facebook groups
- Seek out podcast interviews
- Create content around your core product to build awareness
- Write for websites (guest blogging)
Ready to get started?
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant set-up.