Welcome and First Donation Ask
What makes the world go round?
For non-profit organizations to keep doing the amazing work they do, oftentimes it's donations. It's often best to ask for your first donation when new contacts subscribe to hear more about your non-profit, because that is when they are also hearing your story and the story of those you support. It also sets the expectation so that later asks don't feel like they came out of nowhere.
This automation allows non-profits to welcome new contacts, share their story, and start the donor solicitation process. Two emails go out to your contacts and then are segmented based on if they donated or not. If they did, they receive a thank you email. If they did not, your team is notified so that your development team can follow up more personally.
Here's how this automation works:
1. The automation is triggered when contacts submit your subscription form.
2. The contact is sent a welcome email.
3. The contact waits for a day at a wait step.
4. The contact is sent an email encouraging them to donate.
5. The contact reaches a wait step and waits until they donate for up to 3 days. After 3 days, regardless of action taken, the contact will continue on.
6. The contact reached an If/Else step that checks whether the contact donated and segments them accordingly.
7. If the answer is yes, they go down the yes path and get a thank you email.
8. If the answer is no, a notification email is sent to an email you specify to alert them to follow up more personally with the contact.
Note: In our example, we use a tag "Donated" being added when a donation is made. Adjust these conditions to however you track a donation being made.
Note: Feel free to build out more messages and actions for what makes sense for your business.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.