Email Book Recommendations Based on Contact Preference
How do you share your love of reading and writing with your email list? How can you segment your email list to send personalized book suggestions with automated emails?
This automation recipe lets you send tailored book recommendations to your contact list based on their individual preferences. Your readers are always trying to figure out what to read next, trying to find the next great read and wondering how to choose a book -- and now they won't have to.
This automation lets you segment your email list by book preferences or genre preferences, helping you to learn more about your audience.
Before importing this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account, create an ActiveCampaign form that asks your email subscribers about their preferred book genres. Then create a contact custom field that stores their responses.
Here's how the automation recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when an email contact submits your form (Note: in this example, we use a form titled "Author Fan Club Sign-Up" but you can create a new form as well as add more automation start triggers)
2. The automation waits 1 month (You can change this wait step to any length of time you prefer)
3. The automation checks each contact's form submission to discover which genre they are interested in.
4. If the contact is interested in "Genre 1" (Note: you can specify each genre in your form), the automation sends an automated email "Genre 1 Book Recommendations" then waits 1 month (Wait step length is up to you)
5. The automation then checks the contact's form submissions for interest in "Genre 2"
6. If the contact is NOT interested in "Genre 1" the automation immediately moves to check for interest in "Genre 2"
7. If the contact is interested in "Genre 2" the automation sends them an automated email "Genre 2 book recommendations" then waits 1 month.
8. The automation then checks the contact's form submissions for interest in "Genre 3"
9. If the contact is NOT interested in "Genre 2" then the automation immediately moves to check for interest in "Genre 3"
10. If the contact is interested in "Genre 3" the automation sends them an automated email "Genre 3 Book Recommendations" and ends the automation
11. If the contact is not interested in "Genre 3" the automation ends
Note: You can include as many genres in your ActiveCampaign form as you like. In the recipe, the wait steps are set to a length of 1 month to allow your readers to complete the reading of the recommendations before sending them more.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.