Abandoned Cart Reminder
A contact is shopping on your ecommerce site. They fill their cart, they go to look at their cart. And then, just like a bird who sees something shiny, their attention abruptly shifts. And the abandoned cart is all that remains of their visit.
What happened?? A classic case of an online abandoned cart.
Why do people abandon online carts?
It happens for a number of reasons, including:
-The prices got too expensive
-They were creating a wish list cart they never intended to buy
-They left to check a competitor product or price
-They decided they didn't need an item after all
-They got hungry and went for pizza
It can really be anything, but what's more important to know is that you can still get them back -- with an automated abandoned cart reminder email.
That's where this automation recipe comes in handy.
How does the abandoned cart reminder automation work?
1. A contact triggers the automation by abandoning their cart.
2. After a specified amount of time, the contact moves through the automation to a condition.
3. Depending on the condition requirements, the contact is either removed from the automation or sent an abandoned cart reminder email.
How do you use this abandoned cart reminder automation recipe?
1. To use this automation recipe, make sure you have either a Shopify and WooCommerce Deep Data integration connected to your ActiveCampaign account.
2. Create a trigger that enters the contact into the abandoned cart sequence. This trigger is activated when the contact fulfills the requirements you set. For example, you can configure the trigger to activate when a contact abandons a cart valued at $50 or more, or if a certain item is left in the cart.
3. Create the abandoned cart email reminder that will get sent if the contact fulfills the condition.
4. Once the trigger is activated and a contact enters the automation, specify how long you want to wait before the next step happens. You can set this time based on your needs.
5. After the time period passes, the automation takes them into the next conditional step. If they recovered their cart on their own before the time period ends, they leave the automation.
6. If the contact still hasn't recovered their cart, the automation sends them the cart abandonment email that you created.
What do you need to use this abandoned cart reminder automation recipe?
Just an ActiveCampaign account, either a WooComerce or Shopify connection set-up, and a contact list!
Similar to this automation recipe
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.