Fitness: Progress-Based Weekly Workout Email Series Automation Recipe
A fitness journey is hard to stick to. But if your business is fitness, getting people to stick to it is kind of important.
To keep your contacts and current customers engaged, it's important to follow their progress. That way you can send them emails that make sense for their place in the customer journey.
At any given point of the process, you'll be sending emails like:
- Welcome email
- First milestone email
- Re-engagement email if they lapse
- Special event email
- And a bunch more depending on your business
Every stage of the contact journey needs different types of emails. And if you have a lot of contacts, tracking who needs what email message when manually doesn't make sense.
That's why we automate it. Check out the Progress-Based Weekly Workout Email Series Automation recipe!
With this automation, send your contacts a weekly workout email based on how far into your workout program they are -- and keep sending them. Each week, a custom field is checked to verify what level the contact is currently at and then the contact receives the corresponding workout email.
This automation can also be used to send workout emails based on the contact's current workout goals. Before you import this automation recipe, build out a custom field to store the workout level information of the contact.
Send fitness progress-based email campaigns and keep your contacts on the path to success!
How does the progress-based weekly workout email series automation work?
Here's how the progress-based weekly workout email series automation works:
1. Contact enters the automation via trigger: This automation can be triggered by a tag being added, a deal being created, or other triggers. In the recipe, the trigger is set to start the automation when a contact subscribes to a list. Feel free to adjust this to what makes sense for your business.
2. Check the custom field to decide campaign: This IF/ELSE is checking a custom field to see the contact's Workout Level or Workout Goals to send them the appropriate workout campaign.
3. Wait time between IF/ELSE and first email: Set this Wait step to whatever time makes sense for you. Currently, it starts on the first Monday following the first part of the automation.
4. Send the first progress-based email: This is the campaign sent to the first level contacts with their workout. Alternatively, it can be for contacts with a specific workout goal or method, such as weights or cardio.
5. Continue through the automation: These Go-To actions allow for contacts to move up or down in level without having to move them to a different automation each time. The automation then repeats this cycle for each fitness level email sent.
6. Set wait time for the next email tier: Set this Wait step to your preferred time period.
7. Send the second progress-based email: This is the campaign sent to the second level contacts with their workout. The next IF/ELSE point checks a custom field to see the contact's Workout Level or Workout Goals to send them the next appropriate workout campaign.
8. Set wait time for the next progress-based email: Set this Wait step to your preferred time period.
9. Send the third progress-based email: This is the campaign for contacts at level three of their fitness progress.
10. Check contact progress and notify the sender: This notification step is triggered if the contact met none of the previous IF/ELSE actions. They could have accidentally been entered, need adjustment, etc. This lets a team member know so they can look into the contact.
11. Decide to continue or discontinue the contact's automation journey: If the team member realizes the contact shouldn't be in the automation, they can add the tag Remove Fitness and it will remove the contact from the automation. Otherwise, the contact will remain in the automation and go to the top of the workflow to be assigned to the right workout for them.
What do you need to use the progress-based weekly workout email series automation recipe?
Just an ActiveCampaign account and a contact list!
Similar to this automation recipe
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.