First Time vs. Repeat Customer Thank You Email Automation Recipe
As an ecommerce business, a "thank you for your purchase" email is a critical piece of your ecommerce email marketing strategy. But how can you send a personalized thank you message to your customers based on their customer status?
How can you send a unique, automated thank you email that's different if your customers are a first time customer or a repeat buyer?
The "First Time vs. Repeat Customer Thank You Email" automation recipe sends a specific purchase confirmation email thanking your customers for their business based on the total number of purchases a customer has made.
This automation recipe helps you:
- Keep your contacts updated based on lifetime value and total number of purchases
- Create and maintain a reward system for customers
- Give a special thank you to your most valued customers
Before importing this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account:
- Create a custom contact field for "Total Orders"
- Integrate your ecommerce store with one of our ecommerce Deep Data integrations
Here's how the automation works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact makes a purchase from your ecommerce store tied to ActiveCampaign through a Deep Data integration
2. The automation checks to see if the contact's "Total Orders" custom field is greater than 1.
3. If yes, the automation sends a "Thank you email" for repeat customers email, and the automation ends
4. If no, the automation sends a "Thank you email" for first time customers, and the automation ends
- In our example we have built out 2 emails to send to customers based on purchase history, but you can build out specific emails to send for each purchase.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.