Salesforce Contact Creation Upon Link Click
There are a number of actions your contacts can take to indicate a purchase interest. And you most likely link to these qualifying events in your various email campaigns. What if you could start tracking a deal when they expressed interest by where the links they’ve clicked on while removing any that have already taken the first step? Great news, you can!
This automation is triggered when a contact clicks on specific links in your email campaigns. After a short wait, the system checks to see if they’ve already taken a qualifying action, such as setting up an appointment or making a purchase. If they haven’t, they have a contact created for them in Salesforce and your team is notified via Slack so they can proactively reach out and take next steps.
How Salesforce Contact Creation Upon Link Click works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact clicks on a link in your email campaigns.
2. The contact arrives at a “Wait until” step which waits a week to see if the contact takes a qualifying action, such as an appointment or purchase.
3. After a week or when the contact meets the condition, they move to an If/Else action that checks if they meet the same condition set in the wait step.
4. If yes, the contact exits the automation.
5. If no, then the contact has a contact created for them in the Salesforce CRM.
6. Then the contact arrives at a “Post Message in Slack” action, notifying your team of the new contact and their information.
7. The contact exits the automation.
Note: We use the condition “has tag Attended: Event A” to denote attending a webinar or an appointment. Feel free to adjust this condition in the Wait and If/Else steps to whatever makes sense for your business.
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.