ActiveCampaign Common FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ActiveCampaign?
ActiveCampaign is a marketing and sales automation platform that helps growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers. Its SaaS platform enables businesses to create optimized customer experiences by automating many behind the scenes processes and communicating with their customers across channels with personalized, intelligence-driven messages.
ActiveCampaign enables businesses to optimize their customers’ experiences by:
- Finding the right blend of automation and human touch
- Orchestrating the right actions (whether messaging or otherwise) at the right time
- Blending customer intelligence and with your business
How much does ActiveCampaign cost?
Does ActiveCampaign provide landing pages?
ActiveCampaign does not provide landing page services, but we do integrate with multiple landing page platforms. Some common integrations include:
For more information, please visit our Apps & Integrations page.
Is ActiveCampaign a CRM?
ActiveCampaign is a marketing and sales automation platform, which includes a CRM built for small-medium-sized businesses.
To learn more about how to automate lead prioritization and contact management, visit our Sales & CRM page.
When was ActiveCampaign founded?
ActiveCampaign was founded in 2003 by Jason VandeBoom. We started as on-premise software with multiple marketing solutions for businesses. With a growing customer base and the introduction of the cloud, we cut our product line from eight solutions to one–focused on marketing automation–and transitioned to the SaaS model we offer today.
And it’s paid off. We’ve experienced explosive growth:
- Growing from 30 to 525+ employees in just three years
- Doubling Annual Recurring Revenue each year
- Helping over 80,000 customers
Who owns ActiveCampaign?
ActiveCampaign is a privately-held email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM software platform for small-mid-sized businesses founded by CEO Jason VandeBoom in 2003.
How to install ActiveCampaign?
We no longer offer a self-hosted, installable solution and are now cloud-based platform. For help and assistance with your ActiveCampaign account, please visit our Help Center.
How does ActiveCampaign work?
ActiveCampaign works through various methods of site tracking, app integrations, and artificial intelligence. To get started with your account, follow the steps below:
- Set up your account – Register for free 14-day free trial here.
- Enable site tracking – Enroll in our Getting Started Course for more details, it’s also free.
- Create your first list – Check out our Beginner’s Guide to Lists for instructions
- Import your contacts – Importing your contacts can be a quick and painless process, visit our Help Center’s guide to importing and adding your contacts.
- Segment your contacts – Read our tutorial on using ActiveCampaign’s segment builder
- Build an automation – Building your first automation is super easy! Check out our step-by-step tutorial on how to create an automation.
- Create and manage sales pipeline – ActiveCampaign is also a CRM and sales automation solution. Learn how set up your first pipeline or follow our Lead Scoring 101 Guide
How to integrate ActiveCampaign with Shopify?
Shopify Deep Data integrations are available for our Plus, Professional, and Enterprise accounts. For more details on how to integrate with Shopify, please visit our Shopify Deep Data Integration Overview.
ActiveCampaign also integrates with other large Ecommerce platforms, including:
For more details on eCommerce integrations, please visit our Ecommerce Apps & Integrations page.
Study Hall Questions
What topics will Study Hall cover?
Study Hall is an interactive workshop that focuses on building unique Customer Experiences, along with teaching best practices to build those journeys in ActiveCampaign. We will discuss Contact Management, Forms, Campaigns, and Customer Experience Automation. Questions are welcome (and encouraged!)
What “level” is Study Hall?
Study Hall introduces many concepts, and is ideal for:
- Anyone who has used ActiveCampaign for one (1) year or less.
- Anyone who is interested in understanding how core marketing concepts will inform your marketing automation needs.
- ActiveCampaign users who feel they are not tapping into the full possibility of the software.
- Advanced users who want to network with local ActiveCampaign users, and share their experiences!
Grow your business today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.