Weekly Newsletter Email Automation
How do you keep your contacts in the know about what's going on with your company? Are you looking to improve your email marketing strategy with a newsletter? How can you simplify the process of sending a newsletter email?
The "Weekly Newsletter Email Automation" recipe is a great addition to your email marketing program and simplifies the process of sending an automated newsletter.
What do you put in an email newsletter?
- Company news
- Upcoming events
- New products
- Product or service updates
- Exclusive sales
- Limited time offers
- Customer stories
- Employee spotlights
- Relevant blog posts and informational content
If you're looking for email newsletter design inspiration, check out this article!
Here's how the "Weekly Newsletter Email Automation" recipe works:
1. The automation is triggered when a contact subscribes to your "Newsletter" email list. You can create an ActiveCampaign form for contacts to fill out, or use your own opt-in strategy to build up your newsletter email list
2. The automation waits until the automation goal, "First Week of the Month" is achieved (Note: Adjust these goal steps and set the exact date you want your email contacts to receive your newsletter)
3. The automation sends the "Newsletter - First Week" email
4. The automation waits until the automation goal, "Second Week of the Month" is achieved
5. The automation sends the "Newsletter - Second Week" email
6. The automation waits until the automation goal, "Third Week of the Month" is achieved
7. The automation sends the "Newsletter - Third Week" email
8. The automation waits until the automation goal, "Fourth Week of the Month" is achieved
9. The automation sends the "Newsletter - Fourth Week" email
10. The automation ends (Note: you could instead make this a "Start an automation" step and have it lead into the next month's newsletter automation.
NOTE: We use automation goals instead of wait steps in this automation recipe.
- Automation goals ensure that your weekly newsletter automation remains evergreen. All you have to do is update the newsletter template to reflect the current week. With automation goals you have a repeatable process and newsletter framework.
- Automation goals ensure that everyone on your weekly newsletter email list receives the most relevant email for when they subscribed to your list.
- The goal steps are set for "is on or after" the date you choose for your weekly send, so when a new contact signs up for your newsletter, they will receive the most recent message and not wait until the next one is sent, or receive any previous week's newsletter
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.