Event: Segmentation by Contact Location
How do you add personalization to your event marketing if you're going on tour? How can you personalize your event announcement to where your audience is located?
Tell your audience when you're coming to town with the "Event: Segmentation by Contact Location" automation recipe. This automation recipe uses geolocation to segment your contact list and personalize your event marketing emails.
With this automation recipe you can:
- Let your audience know about your future tour dates
- Take advantage of the contact information you have through automated segmentation
- Send the right emails to the right people at the right time for the right event
Before importing this automation recipe into your ActiveCampaign account, create a date-based custom contact field for the "Local Tour Date"
Here's how the automation works:
1. The automation is triggered when you manually add a single contact or a list of contacts to the automation. (Note: this automation recipe example lacks a start trigger, but you can add a trigger that makes sense for your process)
2. The automation checks to see if a contact's location is Texas (Note: in this example the 3 locations we check for are Texas, Illinois, and New York -- you can change these locations to stops on your tour)
3. If yes, the automation updates the contact's "Local Tour Date" custom field to the date of your event in Texas and ends the automation
4. If no, the automation checks if the contact's location is Illinois
5. If yes, the automation updates the contact's "Local Tour Date" custom field to the date of your event in Illinois and ends the automation
6. If no, the automation checks if the contact's location is New York
7. If yes, the automation updates the contact's "Local Tour Date" custom field to the date of your event in New York and ends the automation
8. If no, the automation ends
- The locations do not have to be states, and will be more effective with more specific locations. You can change the parameters for geolocating to whichever area works best for your strategy
- You can add or subtract any number of If/Else conditions where the automation checks for a specific location. If you have 25 stops on your tour, you can have 25 If/Else conditions in the automation
- This automation is a precursor to sending location specific emails to your audience and is designed only to segment your audience
Get started today
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant setup.