Throughout the year, there are many opportunities to promote your online store– from new product launches, restocks of your best sellers, and sales events centered around the holidays, anniversaries, and more. Email marketing is a great way to reach your audiences with relevant, personalized content that can help boost your sales , while also promoting your brand. If you use Shopify or WooCommerce, ActiveCampaign helps you optimize your marketing automation strategy, by letting you sync product offerings from your online store and using that information to create targeted campaigns, and automations that drive new product launches, cross-sell, and upsell opportunities year round.
What is Product Catalog?
The new product catalog feature lets you connect your online store and pull deeper product data into ActiveCampaign like inventory, size, brand, and color on top of existing fields. You can then use this information to power pre-built automations, build advanced segmentations, and design beautiful, personalized email campaigns that drive conversions and repeat purchases.
Use Product Catalog to enhance your email marketing
Using advanced segmentation within the email designer, you can build targeted emails based on your audience’s interests, profile, location, and browsing behaviors and populate products that they’re most likely to buy. You can bring in relevant product information through various filters, product sorting capabilities, or manually select the products that you want to highlight in a targeted email campaign for unique customer segments. You can filter and sort your product content based on:
- Best Rating
- Average Rating
- New arrivals
- Recently added
You also have the flexibility to customize your email campaigns with different products, images, or offers based on the conditions you set –adding another layer of personalization.
Use Product Catalog data to automate workflows
With product catalog you can trigger a number of automations based on your online store data. Here’s a few examples of email campaigns that you could automate:
- Remind customers of products they left behind in their shopping cart
- Send a new arrivals round up based on visits to your website’s new arrivals page
- Recommend products based on interests and past purchases to drive repeat business
- Cross-sell different products and services to drive awareness and up your sales potential
- Promote a sale or discount code to inspire brand loyalty
- Send transactional messages like account creation confirmation, subscription confirmations, order confirmations, delivery updates, and more.
Check out these of product catalog recipes in our library with pre-built automation templates that can help you promote your product line.
- Product Catalog: New Product Launch – Showcase the products you choose via segmentation to appear in your email campaigns. Curate the products you want to send when contacts visit your site multiple times.
- Product Catalog: New Arrival– Follow-up with contacts who are looking at products on your site with an email that shows the newest arrivals in the same category they were browsing.
- Product Catalog: Cross-Sell– Show shoppers products and accessories that compliments their recent purchase or maybe offer a small discount on a specific product.
- Product Catalog: Abandoned Cart Upsell– Specify conditions for the products that show from your ecommerce store. Show the needed information and accessories to help complete the experience for your contacts and recover the sale.
There’s no better time to try out a product catalog than during the busy holiday season! Consider reaching out to your customers with relevant and personalized product messages ahead of Black Friday, Christmas and Cyber Monday sale events. And remember, whether you’re prepping for a big holiday or just planning your next big campaign, ActiveCampaign’s ecommerce tools help you make the most of every email send! Learn more about how to use product catalog in the new email designer in our help center or start your free trial today!