You can already create automated marketing campaigns based on interactions with campaigns, subscriber data, and more. But what if you wanted to send follow up campaigns dependent on whether a subscriber replied to a previous campaign? Now you can with ActiveCampaign’s new reply management feature.
How it makes your life easier
When you send a campaign you now have an option to enable tracking for replies.
If you choose to enable that option, we set both a reply-to email address and a from email address that we manage (email@example.com).
When we receive a reply to one of your campaigns we immediately log it and then instantly determine what to do with it:
- If it is found to be a vacation or away message we don’t forward it to you
- If it is found to be spam (with a 99% chance) we log it and don’t forward it to you
- If it is found to be a “my email has changed” type of email we automatically update the subscribers email and don’t forward it to you
- If it is found to be a human verification/challenge email we log it and don’t forward it to you
- If it is found to be an “unsubscribe me” type of email we unsubscribe the subscriber and don’t forward it to you
If none of the above apply we will send the email to your “from” email address exactly how we received it.
You can view a list of all the replies (with the subject and contents of their message) by going to the campaign report page and clicking the replies tab.
These replies will be saved for 7 days and include replies that we don’t forward on to you (vacation, email changed, etc…)
Marketing automation benefits with reply management
While helping reduce the flood of auto replies is great we have extended the capabilities of managing replies much further.
- Segmentation based on replies
Have follow up campaigns send only if someone does or does not reply to a specific campaign (or any campaign)
- Marketing automation based on replies
Setup automations to run instantly when someone replies to an email. You could add them to a new list, send a specific campaign, update subscriber data, and more.
- Receive reply data externally
Utilize our new webhooks system to automatically receive new replies to any external script.