You’re reading this because you know the truth.
Hard work is… really hard.
It’s probably why you’re reading an article about it instead of working.
Odds are, you’re feeling… uninspired?
First, please know that’s okay. Everybody feels that way.
Second, think back to a really triumphant moment.
The moment when your chest broke the tape as you crossed the finish line of a really tough race.
Or when you finally got positive results from a project you spent months working on.
It feels good, right? Hard work pays off, no doubt about it. Actually doing the hard work, though? Sometimes easier said than done
It’s in the name – hard work is hard. You can still have fun doing it, but every now and then people need a little extra boost to keep up trudging up the hill.
What is hard work?
Depends on who you ask! That’s why we have 75 inspiring hard work quotes, from experts, to keep you motivated.
75 hard work quotes to keep you motivated
1. “If four things are followed – having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance – then anything can be achieved.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
2. “Without labor nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
3. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” – Barack Obama
4. “Ideas do not work..It is YOU who has to do the work.” – Manoj Arora
5. “Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” – Ben Carson
6. “The ones who say you can’t are too afraid you will.” – Nike
7. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
8. “Do not whine… Do not complain. Work harder. Spend more time alone.” – Joan Didion
9. “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
10. “It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone.” – Mark Cuban
11. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
12. “What comes easy won’t last. What lasts won’t come easy.” – Unknown
13. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
14. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien
15. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
16. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
17. “Success at anything will always come down to this: Focus and effort, and we control both.” – Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)
18. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
19. “Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama
20. “Many who are self-taught far excel the doctors, masters, and bachelors of the most renowned universities.” – Ludwig Von Mises
21. “No matter how hard you work, someone else is working harder.” – Elon Musk
22. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
23. “Sometimes there’s not a better way. Sometimes there’s only the hard way.” – Mary E. Pearson
24. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “Be like a duck, paddling and working hard in the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling, calm face.” – Manoj Arora
26. “When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn’t an option. It’s a necessity.” – Steve Pavlina
27. “If you invest nothing, the reward is worth little.” – Richelle Goodrich
28. “A sign of a hard worker is one who works without complaint.” – Sarah Price
29. “Hard work makes you feel good because you have accomplished something.” – Alcurtis Tumer
30. “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
31. “There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.” – Zig Ziglar
32. “Nothing is going to work out unless you step up and make it happen.” – Auliq Ice
33. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
34. “Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but improves its chances.” – B. J. Gupta
35. “Men die of boredom, psychological conflict and disease. They do not die of hard work.” – David Ogilvy
36. “Everyone wants to ride the train but not everyone wants to lay the tracks.” – Aj Joshi
37. “If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” – Jack Dixon
38. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
39. “If you wait for the mango fruits to fall, you’d be wasting your time while others are learning how to climb the tree.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
40. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
41. “One must work and dare if one really wants to live.” – Vincent van Gogh
42. “A little hard work, never hurt anyone.” – Mary Sage Nguyen
43. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.” – Napoleon Hill
44. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life — and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
45. “Change won’t happen because everyone wishes it happens.” – Isrealmore Ayivor
46. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
47. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, and don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
48. “A positive mindset alone in the absence of hard work will get you nowhere.” – Ken Poirot
49. “Nothing worth having comes easy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
50. “No struggle, no progress, no success.” – Maxime Lagacé
51. “Fight if you must, work hard, give your best but never quit in the face of difficulty.” – Sanchita Pandey
52. “Dare to be honest and fear no labor.” – Robert Burns
53. “Hard work is the key to any achievement.” – Lailah Akita
54. “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
55. “Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” – James Baldwin
56. “The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.” – Unknown
57. “Everything seems better when we have to work to get it.” – Gertrude Warner
58. “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” – Marvin Phillip
59. “Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.” – George Allen Sr
60. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
61. “Inspiration usually comes during work rather than before it.” – Madeleine L’Engle
62. “Belief, hard work, love – you have those things, you can do anything.” – Mitch Albom
63. “Working hard overcomes a who lot of other obstacles. You can have unbelievable intelligence, you can have connections, you can have opportunities fall out of the sky. But in the end, hard work is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people.” ― Marsha Evans
64. “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” – Malcolm Gladwell
65. “You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.” – Alan Alda
66. “Everybody wants to be famous but nobody wants to do the work!” – Kevin Hart
67. “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.” – Simon Sinek
68. “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” – Peter F. Drucker
69. “Don’t expect others to hand success to you. Create it.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
70. “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” – Sam Ewing
71. “When you feel like stopping think about why you started.” – Unknown
72. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
73. “If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit.” – Banksy
74. “The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.” – Robert Frost
75. “The obstacle is the way.” – Ryan Holiday
76. “Work hard. It’s that simple, guys. Just work hard and you’ve already one-upped the rest. It’s an unsung art, and it’s the answer. And unlike money or connections or all the other excuses people make as to why someone else has the advantage, hard work is something that everyone has access to.” – Bobby Hundreds