When you’re busy, sometimes the last thing you want to do is figure out how to use a new marketing platform.
It can be especially tough when new technology is flexible. The more areas you can use a technology in your business, the trickier it is to set up—even if the technology itself is easy to use.
Why is it sometimes tricky to implement new technology? Because setting up new tech for your business isn’t as simple as checking “set up new tech” off your to-do list.
It’s a three step process:
- Understand what your technology is capable of and how to work it
- Know where the opportunities are for your business
- Use the technology to address those opportunities
ActiveCampaign is an example of marketing technology that has a lot of flexibility. At its core, ActiveCampaign has four key sections:
- Marketing automation
- Email marketing
- Sales CRM
- Customer messaging
But because the platform is so flexible, different businesses can use the same features in hugely different ways.
Take automation as an example. ActiveCampaign customers have used marketing automation to…
- Automatically nurture leads, to make sure that all leads are well-qualified before scheduling consultations
- Deliver lead magnets that attract new subscribers to an email list
- Assign tasks behind the scenes, to make manual processes automatic
- Send messages to customers based on the website pages they visit
- Track which contacts are the most engaged with their marketing materials
Not every business needs every use case. And when you’re getting started, sometimes it’s helpful to have a walkthrough that helps you understand the capabilities of a platform—especially if it also helps you see where you can apply that platform to your business.
Getting started with ActiveCampaign: A free ActiveCampaign course
If you’re looking at using ActiveCampaign—or have already signed up—I bet I can guess your next question. “How do I use ActiveCampaign?”
If you’re looking to learn how to use ActiveCampaign, there’s good news. We at ActiveCampaign have put together a free ActiveCampaign training course that you can use to do just that.
What do you learn in this ActiveCampaign training?
- A step-by-step walkthrough of everything you need to do to have your account set up and ready to send emails.
- How to navigate your account, how to add your address so that you can comply with email laws, and how to get site tracking set up on your website.
- How to organize your contacts — including importing contacts you already have, adding new contacts, and sorting your contacts into segments based on tags and other information
- How to send your first campaign — including how to use ActiveCampaign email templates and the 6 types of campaigns you can send in ActiveCampaign
- How to create your first automations — including both a walkthrough of the ActiveCampaign automation builder, and how to figure out what parts of your business you can automate in the first place
- How to create and automate your sales pipelines using the ActiveCampaign CRM
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to collect contact information and organize them into segments, create automations that run your marketing for you, and manage your sales processes with the ActiveCampaign CRM.
All with just a bit of clicking around in the drag-and-drop interface of the platform.
In other words, you’ll learn everything you need to get started in ActiveCampaign.
And how will you learn it?
- 30 HD videos on walking through the platform, with your ActiveCampaign instructor Chris Davis
- Detailed reference sheets that cover the fundamentals of using ActiveCampaign in your business
- Carefully curated ActiveCampaign training materials from the ActiveCampaign Education Center
You’ll have everything you need. But don’t get us wrong—there are a lot of videos, but this isn’t one of those courses that takes 10,000 hours to master.
Each video is quick. It gets to the point and tells you exactly what you need to know — no fluff.
You can finish the whole course in under 2 hours.
And the whole thing is free.
You can enroll in the free ActiveCampaign training course here.