This post was contributed by Nicole Toler, Public Relations intern.
Small businesses face many challenges. Inflation pressures, a resurgence in coronavirus cases, and hiring are all preventing recovery for U.S. small businesses, according to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses report.
Proactive action is essential to increase their relief. ActiveCampaign can drive growth with engagement and customer experience automation, making small business owners’ lives a little more stress free.
ActiveCampaign’s goal is to help businesses grow by meaningfully engaging with their customers. Let us help your small business thrive.
Goldman Sachs Survey Overview
Among 48 states, 1,145 small business owners across the U.S. were surveyed in a Goldman Sachs study in August. The data comes during the National Small Business Week Summit and revealed small businesses are struggling to access capital and receive cash reserves.
Only 38% of small business owners think conditions in the U.S. are moving in the right direction, a 29% decline since June.
In today’s financial market, 81% of small business owners say inflationary pressures have increased since June, and 84% have seen an increase in operating costs. A sizable majority of small businesses say inflation has negatively impacted their businesses financial health.
As Covid-19 cases continue to rise, small businesses across the country face more workforce challenges, including hiring, mental health, and child care.
- 80% of small business owners say difficulty with hiring is impacting their bottom line
- 49% say they or their employees have faced mental health related issues as a result of the pandemic, with only 19% saying they can afford the mental health resources for their employees
- With a return of kids to remote learning, 44% of participants say it would make it difficult to retain employees due to child care
A substantial number of small business owners support the federal government creating a long-term, low-interest loan guarantee program to help rebuild balance sheets. 96% say state and local governments should prioritize providing small businesses with access to capital.
How ActiveCampaign Can Help Your Small Business
Covid-19 hardships for small businesses include capital access, inflation, and overall financial needs. With ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Automation platform, you can stay proactive and focus on regrowing your business.
ActiveCampaign offers the innovation needed to help you. Our platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ prebuilt automations for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. We are the leading customer experience automation platform and are committed to your success.
What ActiveCampaign Offers
- Email Marketing: We have several types of emails you can send to your customers. All allow you to send intriguing emails, campaigns, or newsletters with our drag-and-drop email designer (no need to be a tech wiz).
- Marketing Automation: Automate your emails/email follow ups, find your most engaged contacts, and integrate your favorite apps. These details all use automated technology, so you can spend more time doing what you love.
- CRM & Sales Automation: Manage your contacts in a central platform, allowing your sales process to run smoothly. Automatically update contact details and information or get a view of the entire sales pipeline.
- Service & Support: Track customer behaviors, identify and reward your best customers, make your customer experience more personal, and assist customers whenever. View a full list of our customer service tools here.
Leverage ActiveCampaign to Innovate Your Business
At ActiveCampaign, we pride ourselves in value, service, trust, and access. We want to make it as easy as possible to grow your business and audience.
As small businesses are pivoting amid the pandemic, use this time to leverage, expand, and innovate your business with ActiveCampaign.