Using Your Own Custom Domain Name
With your ActiveCampaign account, you are able to use your own domain name. Instead of the default
youraccount.activehosted.com, you can use something like
yourowndomain.com. This is great if you wanted to rebrand your ActiveCampaign account.
First step: Set up a CNAME
In order to use a custom domain, you would need to set up a DNS record for CNAME (or Canonical Name) with your domain registrar or hosting provider.
To illustrate, we will be using a Godaddy account to add a CNAME. The instructions are specific to Godaddy and your own hosting provider may have a different set of instructions.
1. Log in to your Godaddy account and click on the domain you want to use for your ActiveCampaign account. Then click “DNS Manager” link.
2. On the next page, Click the “Edit Zone” link.
3. On the DNS Dashboard, scroll to the CNAME (Alias) section and click the “Quick Add” button. This will give you open fields where you can add the values to create a CNAME.
4. The following are the values that you need to fill out.
- Host: the sub-domain of the site. Ex. if your site is
yourdomain.com, you can type in newsletter under host to have the
- Points to:
type in your ActiveCampaign.com account. Ex. acdemo.activehosted.com
- TTL: Time to Live, you can put in 43200 (for seconds) or 12 (for hours).
5. Once you’ve entered the correct values, click the Save Zone File button to create the CNAME.
Step 2: Add the CNAME to your ActiveCampaign account
1. Log in to your account and go to Account –> My Settings.
2. Click on the Domain Alias tab. Type in the Domain Alias you created from Step 1 under the CustomDomain/CNAME field. Then, click the “Update” button.
You’re all set! Now, all you have to do is go to your Domain Alias URL to login to your account. Any links generated from your account and any images you upload will now reflect your Domain Alias.
Links to guides for other host providers
For more information about any feature of our email marketing platform, please contact our support team. We would be happy to assist you.