Aside from subscription forms on your site and Facebook, you can have contacts subscribe to your list through SMS. Here’s how it works.
1. Go to the Lists page.
2. Under the list you’re setting Subscribe by SMS for, click Integrations > Subscribe by SMS.
3. Choose a number you want to use for subscription. There are currently 4 countries supported (US, Canada, UK, and Spain).
4. Add a Keyword. The keyword is what you’re contacts will Text to the number in order to subscribe. Note on keywords: Your keyword should consist of at least 5 characters (letters, numbers, and/or underscore) and should not use spaces.
5. Click the Activate button to activate Subscribe by SMS. After activating, you have three Response options that you can customize.
Here’s an illustration of a contact using Subscribe by SMS.
1. Contact sends an SMS with the the keyword.
2. Contact receives a request for an email address, sends the email, and get confirmed.
For more information about any feature of ActiveCampaign’s email marketing software, please contact our support team. We’ll be happy to assist you.