Custom Contact Fields for Storing Countries or States
In ActiveCampaign, you can create custom fields (called Contact Fields) that will hold extra contact data (next to internal fields, such as email, name, subscription date). There are different types of fields that you can add, and one thing that our clients always like to see is the option to ask their contacts where are they from. For that reason, you would usually need a new custom field (usually the type of that field would be “Drop down”) that will hold all country/state names.
This is somewhat a tedious task to perform, so we have provided you with a shortcut to enter all country/state names at once. In order to do so, follow this procedure:
- Go to Lists page, and click Fields button for the list you want to add this for
- Create a new contact field with the type “Check box(es)”, “Radio button”, “Drop down” or “List Box” if you do not have one already.
- Hover the “Delete” link for the field you want to hold these names. Read the field ID, usually marked as “&deletefield=123″ (“123″ would be the field ID there). Remember this ID.
- Type the following code into your address bar while on that page (replace “123″ with your real field ID):
- Once you enter this line into the address bar, hit ENTER key to execute it.
- Old options in that field will be removed, and the field will be populated with country (or state) names. The change will be saved automatically.
For more information about this feature or any feature of our Email Marketing software, please contact our Support Department. We would be happy to assist you.