Auto-Post Campaigns to Twitter
As a marketer you may want to increase exposure of your email campaigns to social networks like Twitter. This allows anyone following your Twitter stream to view your email campaigns (even if they are not actual subscribers to your list).
ActiveCampaign provides a couple of ways to auto-post your campaigns to Twitter. This means that new tweets will automatically appear in your chosen Twitter timeline after a campaign starts sending. There is no need to manually update your Twitter account. Both approaches have their pros and cons with how much you can customize.
Connect your list(s) to Twitter
This is our traditional way of auto-posting your campaigns to Twitter. This feature has been around for a long time and is often referred to as just “auto post.”
Here is an overview of the setup:
- Go into your list settings and connect your Twitter account.
- Enable Twitter posting from the campaign summary page.
- Simple setup and ease of use.
- Cannot customize the message that is sent to Twitter.
- White-labeled setup can be overly technical.
The message posted to Twitter looks something like this:
It will automatically use the message subject, and include a link to the web copy (social share) URL. This cannot be changed.
It will also use “ActiveCampaign” as the source of the tweet (visible in Twitter clients like Tweetdeck):
And the list settings authorization part will mention “ActiveCampaign”:
In order to update the source of the tweet and the app used to authorize, you have to set up your own custom Twitter application, which can be overly technical for most people.
Set up a Zapier connection
Using our Zapier integration you can also set up the same process: having new campaigns automatically sent to Twitter.
- Can customize the tweet message that appears.
- It’s white-labeled (no “ActiveCampaign” mentions in the tweet itself).
- Setup is a little more involved.
Example web copy (social share) page: